Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

It's preview time! The 2019.4 Product Release is now in preview

Employee
Check out the latest updates coming in the 2019.4 product release by checking out your preview environment today. Read more about the details on these features in the "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/recent-community-blogs?CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567" full blog here .
20 Replies

Level 9
Strange -- CL5 still shows 2019.3 and the link doesn't appear to open: John Seitz DTCI | Disney | ESPN

Level 10
Hi Kyna, I noticed in 19.4 in Preview that when I bring up a Report that has a Grouping, the initial display has the groups collapsed. So we have to click on the arrow to expand them to see any data. Is this desired behavior? Not crazy about it myself. Just an extra unnecessary click IMO. Thoughts?

Level 4
Hi Vic I had a call with Lilit yesterday about the new design/functionality. It is a designed behaviour and I agree with you - I fed back that our users will likely find it tedious as it's another click to see the data they want. Thanks, Olivia
-- Olivia Channon Delivery Manager Technology

Level 10
Thanks Olivia. Yuck ��

Level 4
Hello, Vic, I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the auto-collapsed groupings in new lists. We made the change based on feedback we received from users and this is how the groupings have behaved in project and task lists in production for a while now. Will you be available for a short call this week to discuss the updated lists within reports in more detail? Thanks! Lilit Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront

Level 9
Just to add my 2 cents some of my users have been asking for this feature for awhile some of my users will see this and say what Vic said "Yuck" (or some other other sounding word ha) was this listed in the release notes for reporting? That said I would like the option in the report builder to say if groupings should be collapsed YES/NO John Seitz DTCI | Disney |

Level 8
I agree with John that an option in the report settings to specify if the report should open collapsed or not would be ideal (similar to how we can specify which view it opens with - detailed, summary, chart). Many of our reports display less than 5 items, so the collapsed groupings by default are not ideal - although for larger reports with 100+ items I think it's great. Adina Pierce

Level 4
I just wanted to voice agreement with John, Vic and others here. I understand where auto-collapse could be useful, but we have a extensive collection of dashboards whose users are not going to like this (I'm honestly thinking it could even cause some of them to use the tool less). Having an option to pick between the auto-collapse and auto-open would be ideal. Chris Flynn

Level 10
Hi Lilit, For you? Of course �� . I'm pretty open every day this week except Wednesday.

Level 10
Yeah in thinking about it I can see the usefulness for those larger reports as Adina said and having the option would be the ultimate solution. Not sure how feasible that is in a week, but ��

Level 4
Perfect, thanks, Vic! Can you please book a time using "https://calendly.com/lilitmkrtchyan/list-improvements" this link ? Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront

Level 1
Is anyone else experiencing the change where the horizontal scroll bar is now at the very bottom of pages with lists instead of always being visible? Makes it much more difficult to manage views with lots of fields if I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen to be able to access horizontal scroll. Andria Cooper Mauser Packaging Solutions

Community Advisor
I like the auto-collapsing, but appreciate that others use Workfront differently. John's suggestion of having it as a report setting would be great. :) Sheri Whitten

Level 9
yes -- seems to be more Windows than MacOS though - so I assume its how WF is handling CSS. Same thing happened in production for our users a dew months ago... John Seitz DTCI | Disney |

Level 4

Hi Kyna, i love the option to customize the columns on the Resource Planner!! I usually export it to Excel to then highlight a few things for managers. I noticed that on the exported document the "planned" column shows zeros, even though on the actual resource planner is not zeros. see attached screenshots. Thanks! Patty Patricia Moreno0690z000007Zh2qAAC.png

Employee
Good Morning Kyna, Just a little feedback on the new updates from Workfront, the % Complete on tasks that aren't parent tasks is hard to read with the gray on darker blue. It may be black but on that blue, but it looks gray and it's hard to see. I don't know if it's the font color or the background that's the problem. Other users also relayed that they refer to the % Complete a lot and are having trouble seeing it easily. Is this something that can be changed? Thanks! Sarah Nau

Level 9
I don't mind the black on blue... BUT would rather see White text on the blue (I think) .... John Seitz DTCI | Disney |

Level 2
Agree with you. It's hard to read. I like the way the colors looks before. Will be nice if we can select the colors or the background style. Sarah Maldonado Furman University Marketing Ops

Level 4
Hello! Regarding the text color on the Percent Complete field, it's a side-effect of another issue fix and was not done intentionally. We will change it back to white text on blue background in one of the coming patches. Our apologies if this has caused inconveniences to your users. We will make sure to address this soon. Thanks! Lilit Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront

Level 3
Hi, What you can do while waiting for the patch is on the views that are shared set conditional formatting to turn it bold if % complete greater than 0% which then makes it readable. If you are sharing your views on layout templates then can roll this out quickly to your user group. Andrew Parsons