Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue Default Custom Forms

Community Advisor

I'm thinking this may be an Innovation Lab thing - I don't see a way to currently do it, but thought I'd start here to see if someone sees something I don't.

Currently within a project's edit features, you can go to Task Settings and set up a custom form(s) to be added to all newly created tasks by default. You can also set it to add an Approval by default.

I'd like to be able to add custom forms by default to all new issues created within a project as well.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Just for the heck of it I went in and messed around. I found that if I opened the queue details I could add a custom form to the queue without publishing the project as a request queue. When I went in to create a new issue from the project the custom form was there. Is this what you're trying to do?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Just for the heck of it I went in and messed around. I found that if I opened the queue details I could add a custom form to the queue without publishing the project as a request queue. When I went in to create a new issue from the project the custom form was there. Is this what you're trying to do?

Community Advisor

I'm going to give that a try. If it works, it serves my need. I just wish it was as easy and intuitive as the way all new tasks can have a form added to them.

Community Advisor

That worked. Thank you!!

I'm still tempted to submit an Innovation Lab idea when I get a chance. We have the queue details page disabled for everyone except our Admins in layout templates, so no one else wouldn't be able to do this.

But I have one team that would benefit from being able to set default forms from the Edit Project page, but I also don't want to confuse them with the queue details page.

Level 8

Happy to help! It's a tricky find for sure. I was recently chatting with @Anna Asatryan‚ about request queue management and she may like to hear about this. It may fit nicely into her plans for request queues.

I also think it would be really nice if you could select what custom form you wanted to add when you were building out the issue request. I think I saw Dawnmarie and Anthony chatting about a way to do that a few days ago, but that may have only been through request queues.

Level 5

Hi Heather,

Jumping in late here - just wanted to share that we also use this functionality that Samantha shared (we have request queues within our project templates that have custom forms attached, routing, etc. - basically simulate the main Requests area) - but it was quite an undertaking of learning and setting it up right. The benefit is that it keeps our marketing team workflows better connected, so that someone can be working in a project and submit a request (issue) from within the project rather than a separate request, and mimics campaign workflows. I shared our use case with Anna as well.

Employee

Thank you Samantha, thank you Elena!

That's correct, ideally we would like to separate the request queue setup from the issue setup but my investigation showed (thanks for the use cases Samantha and Elena presented) that we will need to keep the ability to have advanced configuration and routing for the issues on the regular projects as well. We are not yet there, but we will need to work towards that in the future.

Level 2

Hi Anna Asatryan (Workfront, Inc.)

I think it is very necessary to speed up the loading of issues with the same characteristics in the projects and to avoid not including the required custom form in any issue.

It would be great to default to isssues of a project custom forms as in projects and tasks.

In my organization a significant number of projects are managed per year, this initiative would be of great help both for us and for all WorkFront users.

Level 2

I join the proposal, I think it is very necessary to speed up the load of issuing a project with it or the custom forms assigned by default or default.

It also helps to omit the inclusion of features and information to issues in projects.

It would help greatly for all project issues considering that they can be a large number of both issues and projects.

Please consider it as an improvement