Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a task role that equates to project owner?

Level 9
Is there a task role that equates to the project owner? We have a good number of tasks that the project owner is responsible for. Is there a task role that we can equate to as a project owner, so we aren't manually populating it every time? Christina Jarosz Ascensus
6 Replies

Level 10
This would be a great feature request if it's not built-in. For the most part in our environment, the project manager who converts a request to a project is the "Project Manager" that should be used for those tasks assigned to that role. Would save the PM (or the resource manager) time if this was automatic! Kevin Quosig

Level 7
If this is an idea in the idea exchange it definitely gets our vote! Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 4
I would upvote this idea. It's something that would help us greatly too. A lot of folks complain about having to assign themselves tasks and ask if there is a way to auto populate this. Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693

Level 3
We use the role PPM: Program Manager for PM tasks in our project templates. Then use Staffing > Actions > Assign User to assign all these tasks to the PM in one shot. I don't know whether PPM: Program Manager is populated by Workfront, or if we maybe got a list from Gartner and imported it at some point, but we have lots of roles from which to choose. Hope this helps. Wayne Ellyson OH-DAS

Level 9
Thanks Wayne. We have an average of 4-5 tasks that default to the project owner on a schedule. So it would be great if by setting Jack Smith as the project owner, any place in the schedule where it said "project owner" that Jack Smith would be assigned that task. It doesn't seem to make any sense to staff a project with tasks that the project owner already owns - but simply wants to come up on a summary list. Christina Jarosz Ascensus