Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to set up a certain view for a project, and have it apply to ONLY that project?

Level 1
Is it possible to set up a certain view for a project, and have it apply to ONLY that project?
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Krista. That sounds like a good candidate for a Project-specific Report: filter it to the particular Project in question, and tailor its view to show (only) the desired information. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Hi - I don't think it is possible to set up a View and restrict the use of that view to only one project. I agree with Doug, if you have a unique view and only want it used for a single project, you'll do well to create a report, filter the report so that it only selects one project, and then set up the columns the way you would for a view. Hope this helps! Eric

Level 7
I have asked for this before and there isn't a way to do this. I too have multiple projects and need different views for each one. It's cumbersome to have to switch views which every project.

Level 2
I believe "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115005855727-Default-views-filters">this item on the Idea site follows this product improvement. Please give it a vote for greater visibility if you agree with the item. Thanks for the Vote already Edwin!

Community Advisor

There are a few Ideas and Questions on this, please upvote them! I want this too. We have grown our number of views that are relevant for specific projects and we are constantly reminding people to update their view in certain projects in order to put in correct task info (have custom form info brought into specific views). Really want to be able to set default views for projects that overrides the default set in layout templates if there is one specified.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )