Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to create a multi-entry Typeahead field?

Level 2

I would like to create a field that functions like the Assignments field on the Task object, so that I can associate some people with tasks without formally assigning them. But when I create a Typeahead field using User as the Referenced Object Type it is single-entry and I cannot find any way to change that.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Not yet James, as per this related thread.

If you have a finite set of users in mind (unlikely, since you're trying to use type ahead) you might consider using a multi-select drop down with one entry per person (and -- bonus marks -- using their GUID as the value in the drop down so you can do other cool $$USER.ID things with it),.

Regards,

Doug

@Kyna Baker - inactive‚ to find that previous thread, recalling that in Classic Community that I'd put an image of a silver bullet cartoon on my post (and mentioned that in the text), I tried your tip from yesterday and searched in 0ne for "silver AND bullet" (meaning I needed both terms in the post), and presto! Two hits matched, and the first one was the one I wanted. I will definitely keep using AND in my searching -- thanks for pointing it out!

I was wondering about this also.....@Doug Den Hoed‚ I understand the multi-select dropdown but I don't understand what the rest means lol ....what do those name options look like in form with GUIDs?

we have a "stakeholders" field that I had to leave as a text ---but when there are several names I was hoping type-ahead might solve for that....would still need another text field to account for non-users.

Hi Tegwyn,

End users will still see the user names in the multi-select dropdown (as the "label"), but under the hood, it will in fact be the user IDs that are stored (as the "value"), which in this case, is the best of both worlds, since you can then do some cool stuff with the currently logged in $$USER.ID (e.g. filtering, conditional formatting, etc.)

This post has more details on how to configure a multi-select dropdown to show user names (as labels) and store user IDs (as values).

Regards,

Doug

Level 7

@Doug Den Hoed‚ Thank you! I get it...we use this for cost centers....users just see the name but the code attached in underneath!

this is great info, I knew those codes carried over but never thought about using in this way!