Expand my Community achievements bar.

Internal Workflow process

Level 2

Hello, looking for some advice from the community. Our internal design review process is currently handled outside of WF.  I would like to create an internal review process within WF, but don't want our marketing partners to be able to view it.  Can anyone share how they handle internal design reviews in WF? I'm considering creating a  document-level custom form which could be routed to the sponsor.  I welcome any ideas you may have.

thank you 

4 Replies

Level 2

We sometimes do an internal review, and we use Workfront Proof for all creative reviews. We found that other users were sometimes curious or snooping, opening those proofs and adding themselves to the proof workflow. (side note - that happens on 'official' reviews as well, users who aren't part of the review cycle go looking and add themselves.)

Our solution was to put those proofs into a separate Documents folder, and limit access to the folder to only the design team. If we need to add anyone outside the design team to that proof, that user is given document access. This approach has been working for us but I'd love to hear if there are any other ideas!

Level 2

Thank you for replying to my post.  How do you limit access to a folder to just the design team? I wasn't aware that folders could have different access levels within a project.  

Level 2

I believe that documents inherit the project's access, but because they are a separate object the access can be customized at that level. You can change folder permissions by selecting the folder, then the 3 dots and "Share". If you have multiple folders, they could each have different access/permissions if necessary. Any documents you add to the folder inherit the folder's permissions, then if you add users to a proof those users should also be added to the document permissions.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 085240.png