Expand my Community achievements bar.

Inline Edits not staying

Level 10
Hi All, Has anyone else had this issue? I just noticed it yesterday. When in the Task View of a project plan and trying to do an inline edit of any of the fields it doesn't always keep the change. I specifically noticed it on Assignments, Duration, Planned Hours, and % Complete. I tried to go down the plan and update the Planned Hours for each task. Enter the number of hours, hit enter and go to the next line and enter the next task's hours. It takes the entry and looks ok, then when I kept going, I looked back and noticed many planned hours had reverted back to the original entry. Now WF is doing it's calculation of the dates and WF is claiming that's the reason. But it happened even after I waited the 10-60 seconds for the, still slow, calculations. One task I had to enter it three times. And it shouldn't pretend it's taking the entry then change it back. I've opened a ticket with WF, but their answer is to change the Update setting to Manual. That's a workaround, not a solution. This plan is only 158 tasks. And the behavior is the same for a 31 task project. Anyone else seeing this? Vic Alejandro MPM, PMP, CSM Denver Board of Water Commissioners
3 Replies

Level 10
I haven't noticed any problem but thanks for the heads up--will report back if I see anything similar. Our project's update type is set to "Automatic and On Change". -skye

Level 10
OK Thanks. Yeah ours is set to Automatic and On Change as well. And I'd like to keep it that way if it works �� .

Level 10
It works. Don't take "workaround" for an answer. ;) -skye