Expand my Community achievements bar.

Inline editing of the "Task Status Update" field

Level 4
We have created a dashboard view from a report that shows users all of their current tasks by project. One of the columns is Task>Status Update. We would like users to have the ability to update the status of the task from the dashboard view vs. clicking on the task and entering the update. Support suggested that we submit to the idea exchange. Please vote Yes! https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000591394-Inline-editing-of-the-Task-Statu... Ashley Updike Centris Federal Credit Union
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 4
Ashley - Voted on that one! We also use dashboards for some bulk-editing/updating of projects. In the meantime, I can suggest something that we have done to work around this shortcoming. We built a "Status Update" form for projects with just a few basic fields (status, condition, etc.). This allows us to both bulk-edit and override the automatic features of WorkFront. This is particularly useful in situations where our PM team requires certain terminology in task statuses, and we also want to make sure that executives get a concise message. By creating a report that pulls these custom fields, we can quickly go down the list and update the projects / tasks. I've attached a screenshot. The best part is that once you create the form and the report(s), you don't have to individually add the forms to the projects/tasks! Simply typing in the fields on the report is all that is needed - no arduous manual work to update existing projects with this! Hope that idea helps, in the meantime. Greg Troester CHG Healthcare Services, Inc.