Expand my Community achievements bar.

Identifying What Checkboxes Are Checked In Calculated Field

Level 10
I'd like to do something like this: Checkbox Field Checkbox1 = A Checkbox2 = B Calculated Field Determine which checkboxes are selected and total the points. E.G. If Checkbox1 is selected, the total for Calculated Field is 2 points. If Checkbox2 is selected, the total for Calculated Field is 2 points . (if both are selected, the total for Calculated Field is 4 points ) One thing to note - If I set each checkbox to have numeric values, they can't both be 2 points. WF wants unique values for each.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 7
You shouldn't need to use the numeric values. In your calculated field, you could just put an If statement like IF(ISBLANK( Checkbox Field ),0,IF( Checkbox Field ="Choice 1",2,if( Checkbox Field ="Choice 2",2,4),4))

Level 10
Hi Greg. I agree that the checkbox formula you described will work for single-select checkboxes ("radio buttons", we used to call them), but in the past, to do multi-select checkbox math, I had to resort to some pretty fancy calc formulas to make it work. If that's changed now, though, that would be terrific! Regards, Doug

Level 7
Well, I'm sure if there are a lot more checkboxes that it may become extremely complex, but what I displayed worked in my testing - it gave different answers depending if 0,1, or both were selected.

Level 10
Awesome - thanks for confirming, Greg. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Thanks for the suggestion. We had 12 multi-select options so doing a nested if for that number of combinations wasn't feasible. Instead, I had to make a calculated field for each option that did a "contains" to see if the option showed up in the result from the field. From there, I created another calculated field that added those other 12 fields together. Incredibly clunky and ugly but it's getting the job done.