Expand my Community achievements bar.

I am trying to use an IF statement to do a calculated field for dates.

Level 10
I am trying to use an IF statement to do a calculated field for dates. We have a translation process that varies lenght by the number pages requested. I am trying to create a formula that will take today's date and add a number of # days based on an answer to a previous question on a custom form. For example, the use says they have 5 pages so I want the "Projected Completion date" to now be today + 5 business days. If they say 10 pages it should be today + 9 days... Any ideas? Michael
2 Replies

Level 3
Michael - I know how to make a calculated field to display that final date but I do not know how/if it could actually change the completion date of a task. Are you trying to make it change the completion date of the task? Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Marketing Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports Accelerate to Excellence

Level 10
The objective is to show the requestor a proposed date that the work will be completed. I don’t need it to change the actual completion date but rather a new field that I am calling “Proposed Completion date”. The other problem I have is that it doesn’t actually do the calculation until the request is submitted. I was hoping that the proposed date could be shown before the request is sent.