Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How would an issue within a project-queue navigate into a Kanban

Level 3
Hello Workfront Community! regarding the Kanban feature in Workfront, I have a Kanban Team setup. If I have a project-queue also setup to receive requests in the form of an issue. What is the best approach to getting the issues into a Kanban board? Thank you! - Joe
10 Replies

Level 10
Hi Joe, Simply assign that Issue to that Kan Ban Team.

Level 10
Vic - how do you get a request (i.e. from a global request queue with a routing rule) from the "Issues" tab of the Kanban team to the "Kanban Board" tab? I'm probably being really stupid! Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 7
Jamie - Our team converts the Issues to tasks to identify the work that the developer needs to perform, keeping the task associated with the original Issue so that the submitter can follow it's progress. Then assign it to the team and a developer so it appears in the backlog and on the individuals My Work page. Then you can insert it into any iteration. Best - Teale Teale McCleaf

Level 10
Yes, sorry, you HAVE to convert them to Tasks. Kan Ban only allows Tasks in WF right now. It hasn't gotten the feature update that the Scrum Story Boards did a short time ago to allow Issues into an Iteration. I believe it's on the roadmap, but WF has been quiet about it, so I'm not really sure how far down the road it is, or if it's drifted into some pylons and off the road or what. But yeah Kan Ban story board is only Tasks. Sorry.

Level 3
Thanks everyone for your response! I was hoping there was an easier alternative than converting issues into tasks in order to use the Kanban feature. Thanks again! - Joe

Level 10
Thanks everyone also! I don't mind the having to convert issues to task so much... but having to remember to attach the custom form when converting is gonna cause problems I'm sure. (The only conversions we do so far are requests to projects via a template - where the relevant custom forms are already attached!) Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 10
You can create a Task Form by copying the Issue Form (so they're identical – including the same fields). Then when you convert the Issue to a Task use the Task form and it should bring over the fields. Not sure if that helps.

Level 10
Yeah I have a Task Form already (as a copy of the Issue Form) I just wish it would auto-select that form when doing the conversion :( Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 10
The API can do that for you ��

Level 10
Haha too true! I just need someone here to pay for it :D Jamie Hill JLL EMEA