Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to track and report on number of outside/freelance hours

Level 4
Hello all - I would like to know how others are tracking/logging hours for when outside work is being done such as a freelance writer or videographer. How are you tracking these hours within your tasks and projects and how are you reporting on those hours? My team would like to be able to run a report on the number of hours we spend on freelancing (we do not use financials). But I know we first need to be tracking it correctly within the project before we can report on it. Any and all recommendations are welcome. I'd like to hear what others are doing. Thanks! Shannon Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus
3 Replies

Level 4
Following up on my question. Is someone able to provide some recommendations? Thanks! Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus

Level 10
I always feel leery answering these because I'm sure there are requirements I'm missing, but if I understand it correctly what I would do is create a specific task for Freelance hours in the (or each) project. Call it by the same name "Miscellaneous Freelance Work" (or whatever name works) then you can key your report off that and have people enter hours in that task when appropriate. You could also create a Milestone that you associate with the Task and key your report on the Milestone (then it wouldn't matter what the name of the Task is if you're looking at multiple projects). Of course you could create a field in a custom form to attach and key your report off that, but I think that would be overkill. Is this helping at all? �� Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT Program Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 4
Just saw this now. Why don't I get notified when someone responds to a question I posted in the community? This is helpful! Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus