Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to do report with multi task's date from projects

Level 2
Hi: e.g.I have 10 projects were created from same template, so they have task name under each project is same. e.g. Project A task 1 task 2 task 3 ... task 10 Now I want to do a report to show like following columns and rows(the date for task is planned complete date):
Project Name | Task 1 date| Task 3 date | Task 7 date | Task 10 date Project A Project B ... Project 10
Anyone can share how to make it in WF?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 3
Hi Ming, To do this, you’ll need to create a Project report. For each of the tasks, add a column and switch to text mode. Then, use the following syntax in the field: displayname=Task 1 Date listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({name}="Task 1",{plannedCompletionDate},"") valueformat=HTML Good luck! Kathy

Level 2
Hi Kathy: Thanks a lot, it works, just wondering what's the usage of : listdelimiter//listmethod/type=iterate/nested(object).lists Is there a document has explanation for them?

Level 3
Hi Ming, I‚Äö√Ñ√¥m so glad that helped! As far as the syntax goes‚Äö√Ѭ∂ When you query a ‚Äö√Ñ√∫collection‚Äö√Ñ√π (which is what you‚Äö√Ñ√¥re doing here), you can end up with more than one value per item (in this case, project). If we had said ‚Äö√Ñ√∫valuefield=name‚Äö√Ñ√π rather than using an ‚Äö√Ñ√∫IF‚Äö√Ñ√π statement in a valueexpression, you would see a long list of all the task names. The ‚Äö√Ñ√∫listdelimiter‚Äö√Ñ√π line is what tells it how to break up that list. What I show in the example I gave you is a Unicode Character that is a zero width non-breaking space (I think there are other codes that do the same thing‚Äö√Ѭ∂that was just the first one I saw in an example, so I keep it handy). Here are the ones I most commonly use (which I‚Äö√Ñ√¥ve collected from various examples over time): No line break, no space between each item   No line break but puts a space in between each item Each item goes on a new line ( does the same thing) (html rather than Unicode) (Maybe other folks out there will have some other neat examples they can add.) As far as the ‚Äö√Ñ√∫type=iterate‚Äö√Ñ√π and ‚Äö√Ñ√∫listmethod‚Äö√Ñ√π line items, I wish I could help you more there. I‚Äö√Ñ√¥ve done quite a bit of shooting in the dark at trying to change these to other things to see if I can get different results, but I‚Äö√Ñ√¥ve never had anything else work. Somehow I visualize a random sticky note or piece of paper on a Workfront developer‚Äö√Ñ√¥s desk that has all the acceptable syntax options for collections. Little do they know how much we would pay for it if they auctioned it on eBay. Kathy

Level 2
Thank you so much,Kathy. Will you join the leap workshop? We can meet if you will be there.

Level 3
Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to come to LEAP, but if that changes, I'll be sure to let you know! Have a great day!