Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to do report with multi task's date from projects

Level 2
Hi: e.g.I have 10 projects were created from same template, so they have task name under each project is same. e.g. Project A task 1 task 2 task 3 ... task 10 Now I want to do a report to show like following columns and rows(the date for task is planned complete date):
Project Name | Task 1 date| Task 3 date | Task 7 date | Task 10 date Project A Project B ... Project 10
Anyone can share how to make it in WF?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 3
Hi Ming, To do this, you’ll need to create a Project report. For each of the tasks, add a column and switch to text mode. Then, use the following syntax in the field: displayname=Task 1 Date listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({name}="Task 1",{plannedCompletionDate},"") valueformat=HTML Good luck! Kathy

Level 2
Hi Kathy: Thanks a lot, it works, just wondering what's the usage of : listdelimiter//listmethod/type=iterate/nested(object).lists Is there a document has explanation for them?

Level 3
Hi Ming, I‚Äö√Ñ√¥m so glad that helped! As far as the syntax goes‚Äö√Ѭ∂ When you query a ‚Äö√Ñ√∫collection‚Äö√Ñ√π (which is what you‚Äö√Ñ√¥re doing here), you can end up with more than one value per item (in this case, project). If we had said ‚Äö√Ñ√∫valuefield=name‚Äö√Ñ√π rather than using an ‚Äö√Ñ√∫IF‚Äö√Ñ√π statement in a valueexpression, you would see a long list of all the task names. The ‚Äö√Ñ√∫listdelimiter‚Äö√Ñ√π line is what tells it how to break up that list. What I show in the example I gave you is a Unicode Character that is a zero width non-breaking space (I think there are other codes that do the same thing‚Äö√Ѭ∂that was just the first one I saw in an example, so I keep it handy). Here are the ones I most commonly use (which I‚Äö√Ñ√¥ve collected from various examples over time): No line break, no space between each item   No line break but puts a space in between each item Each item goes on a new line ( does the same thing) (html rather than Unicode) (Maybe other folks out there will have some other neat examples they can add.) As far as the ‚Äö√Ñ√∫type=iterate‚Äö√Ñ√π and ‚Äö√Ñ√∫listmethod‚Äö√Ñ√π line items, I wish I could help you more there. I‚Äö√Ñ√¥ve done quite a bit of shooting in the dark at trying to change these to other things to see if I can get different results, but I‚Äö√Ñ√¥ve never had anything else work. Somehow I visualize a random sticky note or piece of paper on a Workfront developer‚Äö√Ñ√¥s desk that has all the acceptable syntax options for collections. Little do they know how much we would pay for it if they auctioned it on eBay. Kathy

Level 2
Thank you so much,Kathy. Will you join the leap workshop? We can meet if you will be there.

Level 3
Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to come to LEAP, but if that changes, I'll be sure to let you know! Have a great day!