Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I get my Document Approval Report to only show a group of projects inside a specific portfolio/program?

Level 2

I'm trying to make a document Proof Approval report...but I only want to see documents within a specific Portfolio/Program. When I go to group this proof approval report, or filter my view, it won't let me know keep it native to any sort of grouping. Only...

• Proof Approval
  • Approver
  • Document Version
  • Requester

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TY

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Deborah - would you mind sharing which type of report you are using? Is it a Document Approval or Proof Approval report? This could be done through text mode, if you can just let me know which report type. Thanks! 

Employee Advisor

Deborah - if you created a Proof Approval report, you can use the following text mode filter to include only Proofs within a specific portfolio. You'll just want to swap out (insert ID here) with the actual ID of your portfolio, which can be found in the URL. 

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=PROJ
EXISTS:1:documents:currentVersionID=FIELD:documentVersionID
EXISTS:1:portfolioID=<INSERT ID HERE>

Level 7

Hi, Nichole, is there a way to use a proof report in the project sidebar to display only proofs for that specific project? I do this with many other reports from within projects but am unable to get proof reports or even document approval reports to function in this manner. Any help would be appreciated... 

Thank you!

Employee Advisor

Rhonda - it is my understanding that when a dashboard is added as a custom section to a project, the results, by default, will only be based on that specific project. I was able to replicate the behavior you are seeing where ALL proofs, regardless of project, are pulling in. I have reached out to our Product team for some clarification and will let you know when I hear back! 

Employee Advisor

@RhondaTriggs After digging into this a bit more and connecting with Customer Support for clarification, when you add a dashboard to a custom section on an object, only specific objects will work as a filter (project, task, issue, approval process, note and document). More information can be found in this article under the Display dashboards in the left panel of objects section.

The reason a Proof/Document approval report won't work is because you have to leverage a text mode filter to pull in approvals associated with a specific project. Hope that helps to clarify things!

I did submit a request to Product for a future product enhancement so this is now something on their radar to consider.