Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Hour Report - Showing a concatenation of Owner Name and Owner Home Group Name on a graph

Level 10
Hi all - I'm still in the early days of text-mode reporting so please bear with me. :) I have an Hour report and I have been able to add a field which concatenates the Owner's Name and their Home Group Name. I have also managed to get the report to display this as the grouping. However, I am stuck as to how I can get it to display the concatenated result on the graph. At the moment it is still just showing the user's name alone. I have pasted below what I have for the grouping. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. group.0.linkedname=owner group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.0.namekeyargkey.0=owner group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name group.0.valueexpression=CONCAT({owner}.{name}," - ",{owner}.{homeGroup}) group.0.valuefield=owner:name group.0.valueformat=string
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3
David: Unfortunately, the drawback to using custom or calculated groupings is that you can't use the chart features of the report. A possible workaround is to create a calculated field within a custom form and then use that calulated field for your grouping. You'll just need to make sure that the custom form is attached to the object that you are reporting on. Example Use Case I'm currently using this method to group a task report by a calculated field called "Timeliness." The report displays a certain template task and the grouping is defined from a calculated field in a custom form. When I first started developing this report, I assumed that I could calculate the "timeliness" values by using a calculated grouping. This is when I realized that I would lose charting functionality. To get around that, I created a custom form with a calculated field. This calculated field establishes the "timeliness" value (e.g. On Time, 1 Day Late, 2 Days Late, etc.). Once that calculated field was created, I was able to use that field in the grouping for the report and use the charts. I hope this helps! Becka

Level 10
Thanks Becka....that makes sense and should be useful. Cheers, David.