Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

HomeTeamName thru TextMode- still shows homeTeamID on the chart

Level 10
Hello there, we've created the project report which shows all completed project with actual days less than 5. I've grouped them by Home Team. I have converted Home Team ID into Home Team Name (of project Owner). I did the same with Owner Home Team Name Column. My problem is - that on the chart it still shows Home Team ID for some reason? Even if wedges as set up as Owner> Home Team Name. Any what causes it ? I have attached screen shots of it. Thanks, Dagmara
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 3
Hello Dagmara, I was speaking with WF help team last week because I had the same issue. Here is the information they shared… Why it can’t group by home team name: “Home Team Name is too many objects away. Our system links objects using IDs, so you are able to reference the home team ID from the field picker. However, to reference the name we need to jump to another table (which is what you are doing when adding the .{name} in the text mode) and that's what is causing this to not work.” Is there a work around?: “you could accomplish this by creating a User custom form, adding a custom field to that form for the home team name, then attaching that form to all of your users” With above said, I am hoping someone else will reply with a better solution for you because I had to: 1. create a user custom form (drop down field) and add all of the current ‘Home Team Name’ selections I have set up in the system 2. Sort my people tab into teams and then add the custom form + appropriate home team name selection 3. Change my report to group by the new custom form field option Although it didn’t take long to achieve, I would rather not have to be mindful of this each time I create a new user or move someone from team to team, etc. Also, I submitted a feature request to add "Home Team Name" to field picker on Task or project reports. Reference Number: 18247847 -Linden

Level 10
Hi Linden, Thanks for letting me know. I think i might do it the way you did then.

Level 5
Or you can add a calculated field to the user custom form. With the Calculation being: Home Team.Name

Level 7
Yes, this is the way to do it! Therefore it's automatic and no drop-down to choose from. I looked at this earlier but I wasn't sure the right format to get the name in the calculated field, but this did it. Thanks Melinda!