Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help with copying over a custom form to create a second version

Level 1
Help with copying over a custom form to create a second version. I currently have one all set up but when I copy over the details into a new form, I have noticed that you cannot edit anything without it affecting the original. Any thoughts on how best to copy over details without having to actually create the whole form from scratch? Thanks!!
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi: I don’t know how to copy a custom form…I’ve already created each form from scratch, even if I am reusing existing custom attributes. Do you want a second version that different attributes? Do you want a second version that shares the same attributes as the original, only you add new ones or take a few away? Thanks! Eric

Level 3
Megan - This is because both forms are utilizing the exact same fields. The only want to make them different is to have different field names. Thanks, Shelly

Level 8
Being able to copy a custom field with all the values is not possible at this time. I think I’ve had a feature request open for this functionality for a while now… In the meantime, I’ve been using Kickstarts to create a new field with the same values. (for example, I had to do one for Target Country, since it has 112 values)

Level 1
Thank you for responding! I am noticing even with changing names, it still affects the original. I am having a feeling that this might not be an easy fix of copy/paste. Megan White Traffic Coordinator

Level 10
Hi Eric, You can copy a custom form by selecting the check-box then the Copy button appears. I never noticed that until now :) Another more complex concept which I didn't really appreciate until recently is that you can have the same calculated field on multiple custom forms, but with different calculations on each form. i.e. the data that results from the calculations ends up in the same place, but the calculation used depends on which custom form was attached. This allows for some interesting possibilities. Regards, David.

Level 10
I didn’t notice it until I tried. Amazing. Thanks for pointing it out. I DID know that you can have the same attribute with different calculations on different forms. I had a ticket open for weeks on that one, before someone told me. I think I sent a message out to the community thereafter asking if anyone would ever use the same attribute name to represent different calculations. Some responded with plausible reasons. Thanks for the note! Eric