Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Help with App Actions in Fusion for Sending a Message

Level 3
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some guidance on how to create an automated notification from Workfront using Fusion. I've created a flo that triggers based on task completion, then I'd like WF to send a notification or message. I'm stuck on what needs to be added to the flo to do that part - has anyone built something similar? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! Allison Sizemore Advantage | ForbesBooks
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 5
The recommendation would be to add a Note to the Task and then tag that Note with the User's name. This task marked complete by FusionBot ... NoteTag Mary Smith, Project Owner, etc If you have connectors enabled for an email service, slack or similar you could also send a notification through an alternate route. Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 3
Thank you Melinda , It seems I am on the right track, I've added a card for Create Record - Note. My Flo is working up until that card, I'm getting this error. Any ideas? I've tried a few tweaks, but I'm not really sure what this means, and I can't seem to get past it. Attached a screenshot of the entire Flo. { "message": "com.attask.common.InvalidParameterException: noteObjCode cannot be null", "statusCode": 400, "_error": true, "method": "zeDuM5fPv", "flo": 8939, "execution": "ed0df4b4-1260-473c-a3aa-ab30d617cd3d", "code": 400 } Allison Sizemore Advantage | ForbesBooks

Level 4
@Allison Sizemore , I'm late to the party but this came across my radar because I'm researching how best to use comments in similar situations. It looks like the issue is that the field noteObjCode has to have a value (thus the 400 error). So if the note is being added to a project, the code is PROJ. Other values that I know of off the top of my head are OPTASK for issue and TASK for task. Also, make sure you've mapped the ID of the object that you want that note added in, be that the project, task, document, issue, etc. Hopefully you've already found a solve for this, but if not, maybe this helps. Greg Troester CHG Healthcare