Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

HELP Need report to show all status values even when there are zero records for each status value

Level 5
Need your help, i am trying this report with grouping by status. The status field is a custom form field. I run the report, and only the status values where a count exists are displayed. I want to show all status values, even the ones with zero count. Help!! Nuria Munguia
9 Replies

Level 10
Hi Nuria. One way is to create a dummy item for each known status, then OR them into your report, to ensure each status is always represented in the data and the legend. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Hi Nuria - Sorry to say that as far as I know, this is not possible. Keen to hear if there are any other ideas! David Cornwell

Level 5
Thank you for the feedback, I noticed some threads asking how to prevent the values with "0" count to display so I figured there was a way to do the opposite.

Level 10
I think we'd have to see the rest of your report to see what's going on. Is there something in your filters tab that might be preventing a display of null/no value? For example, is this report filtering all of those values out? -skye

Level 5
Thank you Skye, the report filter does not filter status values. The data population does not have anything that would fall in the category, so i just want the status to show in the chart as zero.

Level 10
hi Nuria, can you maybe talk more about what kind of report this is? e.g. is this a task report, an issue report, a project report? And I assume this LOV field is a custom field on that object (task? issue? project?)? And it looks like the LOV is a dropdown field? I just feel like I don't have a lot of information to start with. I do have plenty of reports that show a null value in them, so I know it's possible. :) -skye

Level 10
hi Nuria, Also, I do want to double check -- if you click on Show Filters, nothing shows up underneath the report title. Is that correct? -skye

Level 10
Is there a possibility to create a dummy record for each type? Then they would show up and you'd have to subtract each count by one for an accurate number. Doesn't help if you have OCD :) but thought it might be worth a shot. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | Senior IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 Http://www.denverwater.org Sent via mobile phone

Level 10
Hi Skye, Once clicked on it it should show you filters used in this report... Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD