Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Help finishing formula

Level 4
Hi all, I'm creating a report using calculated expressions. Therefore, I am refefring to custom field names in this description. I created a field called "Projected Live" that is populating the days from now until the date the project is projected to be "live". I am doing this as an "either or" where is a field named "Date Target Initial Value" is populated OR a field named "Date Target Full Value" is populated, then it populates that duration with "Date Target Full Value" being dominate. Here's the formula: IF(ISBLANK(Date Target Full Value),CONCAT(ROUND(DATEDIFF(Date Target Initial Value,$$NOW),0)),ROUND(DATEDIFF(Date Target Full Value,$$NOW),0)) Based on the populated value, I have another formula that is telling if the project will be "Live in 30 days", or "Live in 60 days", and so on. This field is named "Days to Projected LIVE". Here's that formula: IF(ISBLANK(Projected LIVE,"NO DATA"),IF(Projected LIVE<0,'Past Projected Live Date',IF(Projected LIVE>0&&Projected LIVE<=30,'Live in 30 days',IF(Projected LIVE>30&&Projected LIVE<=60,'Live in 31 to 60 days',IF(Projected LIVE>61&&Projected LIVE<=90,'Live in 61 to 90 days',IF(Projected LIVE>91&&Projected LIVE<=365,'Live in 3 to 12 months',IF(Projected LIVE>365&&Projected LIVE<=730,'1-2 years',IF(Projected LIVE>730,'2 years +','')))))))) Here's my problem: If the field "Projected LIVE" is blank, then I want the field "Days to Projected LIVE" to populate "NO DATA". I can't get it to work, so, I need your help, please. What am I doing wrong here. I know I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out on my own. Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jaclyn, I think the location of one parentheses was the cause. I recommend downloading Notepad++ so you can use tabs and formatting. The best thing about a program like this is it'll show you the corresponding parentheses in the function. You can paste the formulas into Workfront in this format with line breaks and tabs and they'll work just fine too. Narayan Raum Senior System Admin, Solution Architect & Delivery Lead of Workfront. Service & Business Manager. COE Lead. AVP Enterprise Data Governance Execution (EDGE) SunTrust Bank

Level 10
IF(ISBLANK(Date Target Full Value),IF(ISBLANK(Date Target Full Value), CONCAT(ROUND(DATEDIFF(Date Target Initial Value,$$NOW),0)), ROUND(DATEDIFF(Date Target Full Value,$$NOW),0)) IF(ISBLANK(Projected LIVE), "NO DATA", IF(Projected LIVE<0,'Past Projected Live Date', IF(Projected LIVE>0&&Projected LIVE<=30,'Live in 30 days', IF(Projected LIVE>30&&Projected LIVE<=60,'Live in 31 to 60 days', IF(Projected LIVE>61&&Projected LIVE<=90,'Live in 61 to 90 days', IF(Projected LIVE>91&&Projected LIVE<=365,'Live in 3 to 12 months', IF(Projected LIVE>365&&Projected LIVE<=730,'1-2 years', IF(Projected LIVE>730,'2 years +','') ) ) ) ) ) )) Narayan Raum Workfront CoE Manager & Delivery Lead SunTrust Bank

Level 4
Thanks Narayan, You got me over the hump. I got everything working! Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693