Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Global setting for default Subscription/Role

Level 6
Is it possible globally to allow subscriptions on proofs and set the default role to Reviewer & Approver or does this have to be done every time at the file level? Our PMs are sharing Public Proofing Tool urls for client review of creatives and it would hugely helpful if we could globally configure these settings to provide the correct access level to our clients. Thanks! Catherine Hayes Business Analytics and Project Operations Manager The Channel Company
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10
As an Admin you can get into the setup for Proof by clicking on the Checkmark on the upper right corner of Workfront. Then go into Account Settings, Users and you can change the default proof role here. I have not found a way to do a universal change (if there is I hope someone will chime in) so you have to change one user at a time. The second place to change it is in Workfront Setup/Review and Approval – you can assign New and Guest Users the default of Review+Approve here. Even though I have changed everybody, regardless of role, to Review+Approve, sometimes the Proof defaults to Reviewer anyways and I can't quite figure out the circumstance where it happens. It may be when the Proof is just uploaded by the Designer and not actually shared with anybody, I need to find more circumstances where it's happening to see the pattern. Jill Ackerman | Director, Direct Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com

Level 6
Thanks Jill. I was able to globally set the default role for those using the public proof URL, but not for allowing subscriptions on all proofs generated in our instance. This would be a great addition if it's not already in place. Catherine Hayes Business Analytics and Project Operations Manager The Channel Company

Level 4
Just as an FYI, if you have Workfront Proofing instead of ProofHQ standalone then the Workfront defaults on the levels (in set up) will override the PHQ user defaults. It's a bummer. I have already gone through this issue. Samantha Senior Specalist, Creative Services 817-424-2186

Level 6
Thanks Samantha. We have ProofHQ with our WF instance. I'm wondering at this point if it makes more sense to have PMs just use the WF approval request function rather than the public proofing URL to ensure clients can provide feedback and make decisions without the extra configuration steps. Recommendations are welcome. Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Project Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 4
Guess you could always set up "groups" on the PHQ side and teach the PM's how to pull those groups in and then the assignments would be set automatically. It could be easier to delete a few people on a group rather than entering each person each time. We work both ways depending on the designers preference. Samantha

Level 10
I’d be interested in what other people are doing. My users are finding it super confusing that after they finish with commenting (or uploading the proof), they have to go to the corresponding WF task to mark it done. The eye rolling is starting to make me feel like I’m torturing them. As a result they don’t use the deadline feature in PHQ and only upload, share and comment. I’m going to meet with everyone next week and find out more specifics on what is the challenge, other than it’s new (and new is always bad) and they prefer emailing and Acrobat.