Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Getting an average in a Report

Level 4
I have a bunch of Tasks that should take no more than 10 days, but as we all know sometimes Tasks take longer and sometimes not. What I want to do is create a Report, with a chart, that shows me the percentage of Tasks that take less than 10 days and more than 10 days. How can I create this Report? Thanks in advance for the help, Aaron Godwin Gentex
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor
Add a new column to your task report, any column will do, then using text mode, replace the text with the below code: aggregator.function=AVG aggregator.valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({entryDate},{actualCompletionDate}) aggregator.valueformat=val displayname=Work Days to Complete textmode=true valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({entryDate},{actualCompletionDate}) valueformat= The average will be calculated by grouping and appear in the grouping row; so if you group by user, it will show you each user's average; if you group by team it will show you each team's average, etc. credit to Narayan Raum for including that code in his most excellent TEXT MODE LIBRARY document. Bill William English
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 4
Bill, Thanks for the code, I haven't really got my hands around writing code in WF just yet. This one isn't quite what I'm looking for however. What I need is, say I have 50 of these Tasks in a quarter I want to know what percentage where done in under 10 days. This is a metric I need to show management so they can see the productivity of the department, in a way. And these Tasks can be in a bunch of different Projects, but I do have a way to filter for them. Hope this clears it up a little. Thanks, Aaron Godwin Gentex