Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Flash in ProofHQ

Level 1
Hi all, Please can anybody tell me the roadmap for getting rid of Flash from PHQ? -- Kind regards Ben Taylor EU Director of Customer Success Mimeo Limited Units 1-3, The Ermine Centre Hurricane Close, Huntingdon Cambridgeshire PE29 6XX Tel: 01480410410 Direct No: 01480 410419
6 Replies

Level 2
Yes, I'd like to know this, too. Flash has been a real problem with adoption of PHQ at my company. David Fallon Cartera Commerce, Inc.

Level 1
I too would like to know this. I have a creative user who does not have Flash on his Mac and he is a bit apprehensive to add it to his computer due to security issues. Lisa Schliker Bose Corporation Business Systems and Process lead

Level 9
From what I've seen, we may get the option to proof static content i the HTML5 viewer starting this month, though it may not include all of the same features as the Flash version. Additional features coming early 2018. I've had some adoption issues due to Flash being used less and less and even blocked by default on my organization's computers. I'm not IT by any stretch of the imagination, but I've been acting like it in order to get some less computer savvy folks up and running. Eliminating that step will go a long way to easing people into using ProofHQ (or is it "Workfront Proof" now?). Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 2
Hello everyone, I am a product manager with Workfront working with our strategy for various aspects of our product portfolio. We are committed to removing flash technology as a requirement for conducting detailed review and approval processes (proofing). As a replacement, we have been working to roll out a new HTML5-based proof viewer tool. That tool is being rolled out in various iterations as follows: New Viewer for Video - Released to production in 2017.2 release New Viewer for Static content - Initial release expected in 2017.3 release, with full feature capability expected in 2018.1. Note: Proof comparison capabilities in the new viewer are anticipated to be available in 2018.1 New Viewer for Rich Media Content - We hope to have a new viewer in 2018.1, but this may move to 2018.2 Note: this particular viewer will be launched as a small application on one's computer. This will enable us to provide richer capabilities for proofing dynamic web content without worrying about iframes, insecure sites, and other constraints with the current interactive content viewer. As each of those viewers are released, individual system administrators and/or users can choose which viewer (old flash or new html5 based) users will use as a default and whether they can switch between the old and new one. We anticipate running the old viewer and the new viewer in parallel for a few releases to ensure all of our customers' needs are met effectively with the new solution and a goal to have the flash viewer completely removed no later than the end of 2018. More details about the new proof viewer for video can be found here:

Level 7
Hi Darin, We recently found out that we don't have a Premium proofing licence and that you are only releasing the HTML5 video proofer to clients with Premium licences. Can you explain why the HTML5 proofer is not being offered globally? Given the upcoming death of Flash we're eventually going to have to be upgraded and it seems like a better user experience if we can start getting our users adjusted to it. Recently we've also been experiencing Chrome-based Flash errors (is this just us?), which have been having a big impact on adoption of proofing within Workfront vs. downloading PDFs. When you release the HTML5 proofer for other content types, will we have it then? When will you be upgrading non-Premium clients away from Flash? Thanks. Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 1
Hi everyone Let me provide you with some background. Because we are still developing the HTML5 viewer we wanted to start our initial release (which only supports video proofing) specifically with a smaller audience, specifically our Premium customers. These customers have access to all the advanced features such as "Proof Approvals" giving them the full experience of what the new tool has to offer. We are using this trial period to conduct user research and gather feedback before we complete development and release to the wider audience. With our upcoming 2017.3 release later this year we will be introducing additional support for static content such as images, pdf, jpg's etc and it is at this point which we'll be making the viewer available to all plans, irrespective of their license . It is worth nothing that this version of the viewer will not include all the final features (such as proof comparison), which we plan to complete at the beginning of 2018 I trust this information helps you Etienne Bosch Group Product Manager Workfront