Expand my Community achievements bar.

Filtering out Top/Bottom values

Level 5
Hi everyone, In excel, there is an easy way to filter the top/bottom X% or show/hide things that are above or below average. I can't for the life of me figure it out in WF text mode. My specific example is this: I am building a Hours by Team bar chart as part of an Executive dashboard. Some teams' values are insignificant for this view, so I want to filter them out to enhance the focus for this audience (CMO, leadership team). Can anyone suggest how to EXCLUDE the bottom 10% values? (Then I can learn how to do the inverse as well!) Thank you! Brian Brian C. Mauger Bloomberg L.P.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Brian, You'll have to identify what it is about the hour that makes it irrelevant. It could be the hour's: · Owner o Name o Team o Custom Data · Project o Task o Issue o Portfolio o Program o Custom Data · Hour Type · Entry Date Once you know what it is about the hour that you don't want, the filter should be easy to set. Do you know what it is? Narayan Raum "https://suntrustedo.my.workfront.com/dashboard/view?ID=5c1bf1f90046e70adeecf882731a47b9"> Workfront Center of Excellence Delivery Lead Enterprise Data & Governance Execution (EDGE) SunTrust Bank ------Original Message------ Hi everyone, In excel, there is an easy way to filter the top/bottom X% or show/hide things that are above or below average. I can't for the life of me figure it out in WF text mode.¬¨‚Ć My specific example is this: I am building a Hours by Team bar chart as part of an Executive dashboard.¬¨‚Ć Some teams' values are insignificant for this view, so I want to filter them out to enhance the focus for this audience (CMO, leadership team). Can anyone suggest how to EXCLUDE the bottom 10% values? (Then I can learn how to do the inverse as well!) Thank you! Brian Brian C. Mauger Bloomberg L.P.

Level 5
Hi Narayan, Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure I understand. There is no such attribute that I could exclude here. I'm just trying to do a mathematical filter, where the data displayed fits a certain mathematical criteria. Such as, show me the values that are above the average (of the data set). Or show me just the top X Percent. Not sure if that's possible here, just wishful thinking. thank you Brian C. Mauger Bloomberg L.P.

Level 10
Hi Brian, From my SQL days, I'm imagining a ""https://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_top.asp">TOP " command equivalent...but to my knowledge, there is no such syntax within Workfront. However... If you could bend your requirement to be a finite number of rows, one potential cheat that pops to mind is to create a Report that is ordered in the proper direction (e.g. high to low or vice versa), then limit the report to return only a certain number of rows (say, "Top 10"). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 5
Doug - interesting idea. I'll give it a shot. Thank you! Brian C. Mauger Bloomberg L.P.