Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Filter last notes from specific users

Level 1

Is there a way to only show notes from specific users? We have a report in which we want to display notes in a column from two specific users.  I found a way to add the name of the last entered note along with the time stamp. I would like to filter out unnecessary notes. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hello Pragash,

I'm not sure if the last entered note will allow any text mode edits to get this result. I believe it's setup to only show the last note. I could be wrong though.

What we've done on some long running projects where we needed to track different user notes on a task in a sequence was to create a task custom form that had text fields for User 1, User 2, and then User 3. These fields were then marked as tracked so they'd show up in the Updates section as well for all of the other users. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hello Pragash,

I'm not sure if the last entered note will allow any text mode edits to get this result. I believe it's setup to only show the last note. I could be wrong though.

What we've done on some long running projects where we needed to track different user notes on a task in a sequence was to create a task custom form that had text fields for User 1, User 2, and then User 3. These fields were then marked as tracked so they'd show up in the Updates section as well for all of the other users. 

Level 2

You can add a column and/or filter by Owner Name in a Note report, if that's what you're looking for.  In a Note report the Owner is the person who entered the note.  

Level 1

If it is a note report, I don't think I can show the Status Column can I? 

Here are the columns on my current report. 

Pragash_0-1673460339778.png

It's basically a weekly summary for the stake holders, and I am trying to filter the PM's notes to show under "Last Note".

Not sure if all the other columns can be added to the "Note Report". All I wanted to do is add a filter to the "last Note" column. 

Level 1

Thanks for sharing that, I will see if I can create a "Task Custom" forma nd see if we can utilize that.