Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Every Other Row Shading?

Level 2
Hello Community, Does anyone know how to format a project view to shade every other row? I'm very familiar with conditional formatting for specific fields, but I want to have a view that shades every other row (regardless of sort) for easy reading. Bonus points if you know how to do this without overriding conditional formatting of specifc fields. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help! I love this place! Albert Poulson, PMP Enterprise Project Manager HealthEquity 15 W. Scenic Pointe Drive, Ste 100 Draper, UT 84020
6 Replies

Level 6
Following. Would love ideas on this too. Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Program Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 5
I think the best is to post an Idea. Otherwise it sounds to me like overly complicated and/or the code may look really ugly. Imre Magyar VODAFONE Group

Level 10
Hi Albert, Within the current Workfront User Interface, the formatting of each row in a report is restricted to that row independently, so as Imre suggests, logging an Idea Share item so the team developing the new Workfront experience can consider it (along with Dark Mode, Search Parity, etc) might be helpful. That said... Since you're already familiar with advanced formatting, what you could do today is: Create a custom form with a calculated custom parameter called Row Color on it, and attach that form to every object of interest Set the formula to (for example) "RIGHT(Reference Number,1)" which will return a single digit (0-9) for every project In your view(s) and report(s) of interest, use the Row Color to set the background color (either for the lead column, or for the whole row) to some (light, I'd suggest) hex code color for each 0-9 value Although it's technically not "alternating" and depending on the filter/sort might occasionally (just over 1 times in 10, statistically speaking) show adjacent rows with the same background color, this technique might be a good enough alternative, for now. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Is there no way to access the Task Order # field from the conditional formatting options? I would think one could just apply an evens/odds type of rule. That's how old-school Excel had to work lol. Agreed that it should just be a native feature though. Jason DAquin

Level 2
Never mind - just looked closer at the formatting rule options and they're fairly limited. Never used this feature so wasn't aware, sorry! Jason DAquin