Expand my Community achievements bar.

European labor laws & timesheeting

Level 10
Hi guys, We're currently rolling out timesheeting across the countries in Europe and are coming across some quite strict labor laws with regards to recording time. As an example with Spain we are told that any system that does not have a hard limit on logging 8 hours per days is disallowed. Workfront obviously does not fulfill this requirement in its current form. Does anyone have any experience with Spain and other countries with similar laws with regards to timesheeting? This also segues nicely into "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001227274-Disable-Submit-for-Approval-button-if-Total-Hours-Min-or-Total-Hours-Max">this Idea Exchange post on having a maximum allowed number of hours/days for timesheets ... :) Cheers, Jamie Jamie Hill JLL
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jamie, That's interesting. We do have users in Europe (not in Spain), but I haven't any details to add. To me it seems like poor practice to force an upper limit of 8 hours per day. If people are working more than 8 hours per day, we would want to know about it. Sometimes it could be planned that way, but if not then at least we can know about it so we can deal with it. As soon as data entry is artificially limited and diverges from reality, a lot of the data value is lost. Keen to hear what others may contribute. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
Hi Jamie and David, We ran into a similar situation in France last year, when we learned (in that case) that if the time system of record allows more than 8 hours to be entered (vs entering "one day"), a worker employed or contracted on a per day basis might use such hourly time records against an employer and (under the labor law interpretation) then have a claim against the employer (e.g. for any "day" where they worked more than 8 hours). On the other hand, if the time is either capped at 8, or simply entered as "a day", no data to expose such a risk will then exist. An interesting albeit vexing requirement. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads