Expand my Community achievements bar.

Embedded Link in a custom form

Level 1
Hello, Looking for a way to include a link (Hyperlink) in a custom form. Matt McNair Threshold
6 Replies

Level 10
I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you add a descriptive text field and use the URL link field in that? Or is it not working the way you envisioned it would? -skye

Level 1
I'm interested in knowing the answer to question too. Can a link be embedded into a custom form. Thanks. Jenny, OSUWMC Jennifer Sokoloski OSU Wexner Medical Center (81741)

Level 10
Has @Skye Boardman 's answer not work? I think that's the best approach, when you add a descriptive text field, there's a hyperlink field within it. Polly Co

Level 3

The Descriptive text field in the custom form was designed for this purpose. If you put text in the Descriptive Text field, then a link in the Hyperlink field, the Descriptive Text becomes a hyperlink. (See the screenshot) The hyperlink is described in step 11 of this support site article: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216668788-Creating-Custom-Forms Allison Lippert Training Manager Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com0690z000007ZiIfAAK.png

Level 9
Yes, you can do so by adding it as a separate field name as listed below. Or, you can add it in the 'help text' assuming you know some basic HTML coding. However keep in mind that this help text is only hover text so it can be difficult for the user to select that link if it is not something right at the beginning of the help text. Christina Jarosz Ascensus

Level 10
I didn't know you could use HTML in the instructions of a custom field - every day's a school day :) Jamie Hill JLL