Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Duration and average duration of an issue -- summary tab is blank

Level 10
hi gang, I was asked to figure out how long our issues were taking, and I thought there wouldn't be a problem, but apparently I have ways of making mountains out of molehills? First I ran an issue report and used the canned (provided) duration field. But I don't see what this measures, so all I can tell you is that the answers look off. I would like to measure duration from entry date to actual completion date. SO the next thing I tried to do was amend some existing code I had on tasks, and see if it would work on issues. I used the following: aggregator.displayformat=HTML aggregator.function=AVG aggregator.valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({entryDate}, {actualCompletionDate}) aggregator.valueformat=HTML displayname=Request duration textmode=true valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({entryDate}, {actualCompletionDate}) valueformat=int It gives me what looks to be the correct answer in each row and the grouping bars (blue bars) also populate with what I assume to be the correct answer. So that part is good. However, the summary tab shows blank for each average (as in, I get the word "Average:" and then no answer on every row). Is that normal and I just never noticed? (we don't use a lot of calcs in our reports) I feel like other reports (at the project level) have not behaved in this way (I have an average on a "draft count" field, and it averages--but this is not a calculated field, it's an existing numerical field that we plop numbers into). So is my programming somehow off? I thought it was weird that the aggregator stuff all said HTML and the column stuff said int, but when I changed them all over to int, it didn't fix things. Thanks as always, -skye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4
Yep, calculations in reports don't summarize in charts and the summary tab. Move the calc to the form for best results. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
Thanks for confirming and offering a workaround, Melinda. I'll play with it some more. :) -skye