Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Document Viewing without Proof

Level 10
Hello PC experts, I asked my IT about this and got a blank stare, so I'm hoping someone here has the solution. When someone uploads a document (Word, PDF, Excel etc), the link on the Documents tab directs any user to download the document rather than simply view it. On a MAC, it works perfectly, you can click and view the document in a floating window. What are we missing on our PCs so that we can also view documents without having to download them? (Note: these are supporting documents, not meant for ProofHQ and so don't need to be there with all those extra uploading steps.) Thanks! Jill Jill Ackerman
3 Replies

Level 10
Just a guess: is it some sort of extension? e.g.

Level 10
Thanks, I will look at these extensions. Also, I found out after much googling, that after you download the document the first time there is a choice to Open that type (doc, xls etc) the next time. How to roll that out to 30 people .... I think I have to walk around and do it on each of their computers.