Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Document Updates Don't Show on Project's Updates Tab

Level 3
Hello, got a question from someone on my team about why updates made on a Document do not appear in the Project's "Updates" news feed like updats on Tasks and Issues would. I can't seem to find anything in the setting configurations that would allow me to change this for our instance of Workfront. Has anyone been able to edit this? If not, I'm going to submit as a Product Idea. Her team is struggling with consistency RE: posting updates. In my opinion, if your update is related to a specific task or issue, it should be posted at the task/issue level - then it rolls up to the Project view and you can see everything in one view if you want as a PM. Any opinions from the Workfront hive mind?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi: As Admin, go to Setup, scroll all the way down to Interface, Update Feeds, then click on the Action tab. You’ll see this screen (below). Check the box next to “Document is created or deleted”. That is all they have - there is no update feed option to notify people when existing documents are modified. I think that would be a product request. Tell me how people are modifying documents…are they uploading a new version? Does this help any? Eric [cid:image003.jpg@01D1BDAF.D2317C80]

Level 2
I agree - this is a complaint of mine. I may have even made a project feature request for this... Another update that does not roll up but we have turned on at the Task level is % complete. When someone updates the % complete on a task, it records it in the Updates tab on the TASK but doesn't roll up to the PROJECT. As a project manager, this is frustrating.

Level 4
Hello - When we first started using Workfront, users would post updates on documents and then wonder why noone was responding! That's how we discovered that those updates do not go into the project update stream. We instructed our users to not post there and to only post on tasks or projects. It seems silly that an update posted on a document would not appear in the updates stream. I believe we put in an enhancement request quite a while back for this one but haven't seen any changes to the functionality yet. Thanks.

Level 10
Hi, Adding my voice of support for this one. I had users complaining to me about this last week also. Regards, David

Level 10
Just my two cents here: I can see some logic why document updates should not/are not rolling up in the Projects tab. When you have multiple sets of documents eg XYZA, XYZB, XYZC on the project, and you make an update on document XYZA and said, "we're not making this anymore" - and have this comment appear on the project updates tab, this can lead to confusion as to which document is being talked about or what's being referred to. They can probably format the Projects Updates tab to show that it's a documents updates, reference the specific document but mainly what we've done is explain the reasoning above to our users (mind shift).