Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Do Job Roles get email notifications?

Level 5
I recently set people on projects and assigned a Task to a Creative Director (Job Role) and the Traffic Team (Team) . I noticed once they were up for their jobs to get started on- they were not getting email notifications. It was only when I replaced either the Job Role OR Team and put individual names. Is this a setting I can change or do Job Roles/Team not get email notifications? Deanne Curley The Vitamin Shoppe
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
as far as I know, Job Roles do not receive email notifications for being assigned to a task. I think the intent is to have them there as placeholders for real users to be assigned. Teams should receive email notifications, but you would want to make sure the notifications are turned on in the system admin settings area under Email / Notifications (If you do a search on "team" and just double check that the ones you want your team to get are turned on, that would be good. The one you're referring to here though is the "work item request to a team" notification.) -skye

Level 6
Job roles do not get sent notifications. Assignments must be made for notifications to go out. Job roles are used for resource planning and are simply placeholders within an assignment that gets replaced with an individual tied to that role during the planning process. You bring up another issue though, and that is TEAM assignments. We should be able to assign a team to do work and have that team get notifications, especially for low duration, but critical, tasks. Currently you can only set "team assignment to to team" in notifications. Problem is that when assigning a TASK to a team, they may receive that notification WAY too early, and can never receive notification when all predecessors are complete. It would be nice to have TEAM NOTIFICATIONS follow task assignee notification pattern for those instances where a company assigns a team to do work within a project. "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360026607453-More-robust-team-assignment-notifications">I just added an IDEA in idea exchange, feel free to vote it up/comment there . Marty Gawry - CapabilitySource

Level 9
We struggle with the same Team notifications issue, upvoted your idea @Marty Gawry ! Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 5
@Marty Gawry upvoted! Deanne Curley The Vitamin Shoppe