Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dates Locking

Level 1
Hello, I have a user who is seeing the "lock" anytime they are updating dates in a project they own. I've looked in help but not seeing anything on that topic. Any assistance would be helpful. Thank you
7 Replies

Level 8
Hi Miranda, Can you give an example of what you mean by the "lock" (screenshots would be awesome if you have them).

Level 7
i think that what you are referring to is the indicator that the system is recalculating all the dates based on changes you've made to the dates. Is it a large project? I think if they refresh the screen, it may go away.

Level 1
Am not sure if that is it. Its a yellow lock. When you hover over it is states "must start on"; however, I don't see an option where you can lock dates.

Level 10
I’ve never seen that. I’ve seen them grayed out while they recalc, but never little locks next to them. Interesting! Eric

Level 8
Curious! I've never seen the lock or the greyed out tasks before.

Level 2
Those dates represent fixed (locked) dates. If using the fixed date both the start and end date would show a lock. While Must Start date will lock the start date and leave the end date fluid. Inversely Must End date will lock the end date. Hope that helps.