Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Form: Skip Logic & Display Logic

Level 10
Does anyone understand this message? I feel this is -in a way- putting the cart before the horse. I'm being forced to use Skip Logic. My first question is a drop down with a yes or no answer. Any big differences between display or skip logic? Any preferred method?
2 Replies

Level 7
You need to have one of those objects above the field that you want to apply Display logic to because the display of the field is based on the result of an earlier field. The Skip logic gets applied to an earlier field, and based on selection, skips to a following field.

Level 2
I know I'm a bit late, but here’s my take. In a nutshell, use skip if you’re hiding multiple fields on a page based on what a user selects. In reality, you can use display for to simulate skipping to another section vs using ‘skip’. Display is more flexible and can be used on most fields that have a preceding question. Since display has to be applied to each field you want to display based on a user’s selection, it’s more work if you have multiple fields that you want to ‘skip’ based on a user’s selection vs. using skip. Example: If there is a form that has 20 fields/questions and 4 sections - When a requestor answers ‘yes’ to question 1, use skip to have them move to question 5 On question 5 the user answers ‘no’ and therefore should only see question 7, then setup a display rule on question 7 to say only display when question 5 is no Hopefully that is so confusing. Personally, we find ourselves mostly using display rules. We only use skip if we are skipping a requestor to the end of a flow. Thanks!