Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Form data sync

Level 2
Hi All, We are currently working through the implementation of Workfront and have a question in relation to the synchronization of data in Custom Forms. As an example, we have a list of items that regularly change and would like those to be synchronized with a section of the Custom Form. To elaborate on the example, with a Countries list, each item being a checkbox, is it possible to have that list defined and managed by an external api. If a change is made in our Company system and 1 Country is removed and 2 Countries added, how can i have the Custom Form read the latest list items without manually having to go into Workfront and edit the Custom Form manually? Has anyone done anything like this? Thank you in advance. Daniel Biginton
4 Replies

Level 9
Hi Daniel, While we haven't actually *done* it yet, my agency is doing something similar with a list of contacts & their addresses (they are field reps who receive meeting materials from us). We're working with our internal development team who maintains our database and with Workfront to create an integration with Workfront Fusion to call to the database for the required information and to update the custom fields in Workfront when something is changed in the database (contact added, new address for existing contact). There may be someone who can tell you how to do something like this via API, but that's far beyond my personal experience. LSS, yes its possible, I'm just not the guy to tell you *how*. ;) Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 2
Hi Anthony, Thank you for your response. That's awesome - i had a feeling it may be a Workfront Fusion related thing - at least one of the options. We are currently evaluating the product so there's at least an alternative if direct API communications do not facilitate the need. I'll continue to work with support and our Account Executive to see if this is possible via the current API version. Many thanks again for your response, very much appreciated. Have a good day Daniel Daniel Biginton

Level 6
Yes, Daniel, It is possible to update parameters via the API. To do this, you'll need to GET the parameter options, update the list of parameter values (objects) as needed (e.g. change the IsHidden value, change the displayOrder, add new options [leave the ID blank] ), then put the updated parameter values back with the parameter. The first relative URL would look something like this: POPT/search?parameterID=xxxxxxx&fields=ID,label,value,isHidden,isDefault Then you can manipulate the options as needed. Once you have the object ready to go back, then final call would look something like this: PARAM/xxxx?method=put&fields=name,parameterOptions:label,parameterOptions:value,parameterOptions:isDefault,parameterOptions:displayOrder,parameterOptions:ID Best of luck. Marty Gawry CapabilitySource Marty Gawry - CapabilitySource

Level 2
Thank you Marty, This looks promising i'll try that out. I'm new to Workfront and my question here would be, how do these parameters link to a Custom Form - what's the relationship there? Thanks again Daniel Biginton