Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom Form and Reporting

Level 3
Is there a way to pull only the information on a Custom Form? Or, a way to print a Custom Form that you have created in Workfront? Is there a way to print the Custom form with the Drop Downs? For example "EMDA 2018 High Level BlueChip" has 7 choices. Becky Grosh Humana, Inc.
15 Replies

Level 6
Hi Becky, We have come up against a similar challenge. It's possible to pull the fields from a custom form into a report, export to PDF and print that out. In terms of the pull down menu, I'm not sure of an approach to print that, but in-line editing within a report would provide access to all options on the pull down. (You would just need to make sure that report/project access allows editing) HTH Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Project Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 10
Not being able to adequately print a custom form is a huge problem for my team. You can right click and print, but it comes out really tiny. We use forms as a Creative Brief to collect required information to launch a project such as specs and requirements, and generally print them out to bring to a Kick Off meeting about the project. Does anybody have a workaround for this? They are lobbying that we go back to Word documents that get uploaded, which also has a lot of drawbacks. I'm wondering how others manage this?

Level 3
I'm not sure about the second part of this question. But I have created a custom report where the columns equal the values in the custom form. We use this on our post mortem custom forms. IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.

Level 10
Hi Jill, @Anthony Imgrund has some very cool tricks (especially now that he is armed with
, I bet!) -- for more info, check his Community Posts and his LEAP presentation -- but if you'd like something Just So, I'd also invite you to consider our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/magic-reports/">Magic Reports solution. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
I agree there needs to be a way to present a form because I've had trouble in the past when wanting to include it in our internal documentation. As far as displaying the values of a drop-down, outside of the form, we have a filter/view combination that I use on the Custom Forms > Fields tab. The following is the text mode code for the Values column: description=Parameter Option Label displayname=Values link.linkproperty.0.name=ID link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=parameter:ID link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int link.page=/parameterView.cmd listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(parameterOptions).lists namekey=parameterOption.plural stretch=90 textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=label valueformat=HTML width=300 The following is what the output looks like in the UI. It looks like this when applied: Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 10
So are you looking to print the actual custom form? Like the blank one? Are are you looking to print out the information in the form once it is populated? For this, I recommend the following: Create a report with all the columns in it In between each column you will want to put a blank column Starting right to left, you will want to go into the columns. For columns not blank, you will just add sharecol=true For the blank columns, you can use this code sharecol=true textmode=true value= TITLE OF FIELD HERE:  valueformat=HTML For our report, it is an issue report. We use a prompt for the issue reference number to help pick the right information. Then you can export as PDF Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
This is awesome. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT Program Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 6
@Anthony Imgrund you have officially won this week. This is a fantastic solution! Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Project Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 10
Hi I tried to do this report but it didn't come out the way yours did. It came out with all the columns across, and the blank columns are just another column. (I didn't put in all the blank columns as I was testing it). What step am I missing so that it prints out like yours? Also, why do we need the blank columns to name the fields? Jill Ackerman

Level 2
The blank column is just the connector. It looks like you didn't put sharecol=true in the columns with text. The "FIELD NAME HERE" in the blank column should contain the column header for the column to the right of it. Suzy Park Partners Healthcare System, Inc.

Level 10
Well this is pretty amazing once I understood what was happening. If anybody is looking this up, the instruction to go right to left is crucial. Also, do not save the report until you are done, it's very hard to understand what's happened once it's saved and start up again. I wound up doing this five times and it's still not quite right. I am having one bit of trouble in that the share columns isn't aligning properly and I don't know how to fix the code. Here is what I have in the single column that is left after all that sharing columns (I have 49 columns in the code). What is happening is that Project Name is actually displaying the Owner Name; Owner Name is showing the Go Live Date and so on. Can someone help? column.0.descriptionkey=name column.0.link.linkproperty.0.name=ID column.0.link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID column.0.link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int column.0.link.lookup=link.view column.0.link.valuefield=objCode column.0.link.valueformat=val column.0.linkedname=direct column.0.listsort=string(name) column.0.namekey=name.abbr column.0.querysort=name column.0.section=0 column.0.sharecol=true column.0.shortview=false column.0.stretch=30 column.0.textmode=true column.0.valuefield=name column.0.valueformat=HTML column.0.width=200 column.1.sharecol=true column.1.textmode=true column.1.value= Project Name:  column.1.valueformat=HTML column.2.descriptionkey=owner column.2.link.linkproperty.0.name=ID column.2.link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=owner:ID column.2.link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int column.2.link.lookup=link.view column.2.link.valuefield=owner:objCode column.2.link.valueformat=val column.2.linkedname=owner column.2.listsort=nested(owner).string(name) column.2.namekey=owner column.2.querysort=owner:name column.2.section=0 column.2.sharecol=true column.2.shortview=false column.2.stretch=70 column.2.textmode=true column.2.valuefield=owner:name column.2.valueformat=HTML column.2.width=150 column.3.sharecol=true column.3.textmode=true column.3.value= Owner:  column.3.valueformat=HTML column.4.displayname= column.4.linkedname=direct column.4.namekey=Go live date column.4.querysort=DE:Go live date column.4.sharecol=true column.4.textmode=true column.4.valuefield=Go live date column.4.valueformat=customDateAsString column.5.sharecol=true column.5.textmode=true

Level 3
This is fantastic! Do you have any tips on the best way to handle cases where the custom form has multiple fields that only populate when certain selections have been made in prior fields? For example, we have one custom form we use for all requests, and when users select "Print" they see a different set of field options than they see when they select "Email". Is there a way to include every possible field, but hide any that are not available on the project? Mike Perez Tailored Brands

Level 10
Hmmm.... that is interesting. I'm thinking there is potential for IF statements, but not sure since the blank columns that display the field name use value instead of valueexpression or valueformat. I'm thinking something like sharecol=true textmode=true valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Custom Field}),""," CUSTOM FIELD:  ") valueformat=HTML Unfortunately, I'm in back-to-back meetings to test it, but wanted to let you know in case you have time. Thanks Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 3
Thank you! I'll play around with it and see how it goes :) Mike Perez Tailored Brands

Level 10
I'm finally getting back around to this topic after being yelled at by the creative director that she can't use the Custom Form. I created what is now known as the Anthony Print Report that prints everything but the font is so very tiny, you need a microscope to read it. It really doesn't print much better than right clicking on the form and printing from there. I'm stuck and wondering if we are going to have to go to uploading a Word document instead, which I hate to admit is the solution. Any other advice? Jill Ackerman