Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom Field in Form showing User List

Level 1
Hi there, Is there a way to create a field in a custom form that pulls from the user list in Workfront ? here's why we need it. Our organization tracks the following user roles against a project and we need MORE than the 3 fields provided by Workfront at the Project Details level. - project sponsor (we can use WF's default field for this) - business lead - IT sponsor - IT lead Is there a way to create fields in custom forms that pull from the existing user list in Workfront - similar to the 3 native fields shown below in the Project Details section ? Project Owner will be used for Project Manager. Thanks! Lavanya Krishna Senior PM Baxter Credit Union
3 Replies

Level 10
Great question - we would also like to do this! I have not found a way to integrate my Custom Fields with Workfront native fields. > Currently we can add a new field via a Custom Form (ex: IT Lead) & add it to the project, but we can't have the field pull from the users (it will be a plain text field). > Also, the custom form fields are in a separate area - below the Workfront native fields at the bottom of the screen. Ex: From your screen print, we can't place the custom fields (IT Lead) next to the native fields (Project Sponsor). Marie Kelly The MetroHealth System

Level 1
Hi, I inquired about doing this about two years ago. It's unfortunate that it's still not available. Mark Winsel AJG

Level 5
We have the same issue. On some of our projects we have several additional points of contact that we want to be able to add. However, since we have a lot of resources (36k+) we would love the ability to create a custom data field that uses the resources object, behaves the same as Project Owner and Project Sponsor, but allows us to use custom data to determine if a resource can be put as the POC. Example: We have a custom field for IT Lead. It would be great if when we create the field, we could adjust the available entries to include only users that meet certain criteria. I could see use cases for using Job Title (in the example only include resources that have "IT" in thier title as valid selections). We also keep a large amount of custom data at the user level that we would want to be able to leverage. Chris Garretson Qualcomm Mobile & Computing (QMC) and Semiconductor Operations