Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Creating Dashboards and Reports

Level 1
We're new to the Workfront community, and we really love the platform. While we're building approval paths and teams, we're already thinking ahead for key dashboards and reports to capture efficiencies month over month. Curious how everyone here is already tracking this for executive reporting. Victoria Raines Everyone
5 Replies

Level 10
Once I found out exactly what my executive wanted to see, then I created it in a report and create a prompt (I use prompts for all of my executive reports), because they wants to look backwards, current and future on various metrics. I have not provided any dashboards to my executives but only reports thus far. In my reports, I will have a tab where there will be a graphic (chart) - depending upon which metric it is. Benetta Perry APS

Level 1
Makes sense. I'm trying to define what metrics I should be tracking to show overall how we're being the most efficient. Victoria Raines Everyone

Level 10
Victoria, What line of business are you in? What metrics were you tracking prior to using Workfront? Benetta Perry APS

Level 1
We were running reports to track types of jobs/hours charged against the different businesses. Thinking we want to track # of jobs and # of people assigned month over month to see if we're getting more done. Expecting an increase in efficient tasks via the platform. We could also track length of time for a typical project over time. I'm creating the report to then report up to our Executive Suite. Victoria Victoria Raines Everyone

Level 10
Victoria, Some food for thought, to get your creative mind flowing. You have this data already (job type, hours charged to that job and what the outcome of that job was (support or produced something) for various types of business. Now you can compare your existing data to new data gathered thru workfront. job type, hours charged to that job and what the outcome is ... hopefully showing that you either 1) got more support or more was produced, with less people or less hours, because workfront created such a good efficiency for the employees Is it important to show the value of Workfront? or is it just important to show metrics? Have you been able to cut out unneeded tasks or combined tasks or eliminated duplicated tasks/roles because workfront exposed those areas? These are efficiency savings, which should translate to hours saved or the needing of less people to get the to the same production (support or actually producing something) ... Just some rambling thoughts.... Benetta Perry APS