Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Creating a Task from a Document/Proof Comment

Level 9
In the Update stream of a Project or Task, you have the option to create a task based on the comment. This feature also appears in the Update stream of documents for comments made in Workfront as well as those made in Proof, but clicking the link seems to do nothing. I'm looking for a solution for tracking comments made in a proof that likely won't be resolved until several versions later. I thought creating a task from a "big lift" comment might be a solution, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Any other recommendatoions? Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group
4 Replies

Level 10
Anthony, I hear you, and I've been bugging the Proof team for a similar resolution (I want to be able to copy or somehow arrange for unresolved comments to be visible on the latest proof). All I can think is that either the person who manages the proof needs to copy or summarize the action needed on every new version of the proof, or that comment needs to be flagged and then someone needs to go back and look for all the flagged comments. Something I haven't tried, but might work, are the hashtags. In normal updates, if you use a hashtag, you can definitely report on those. So perhaps there would be a way to use hashtags in proof comments and then run a report looking for those? Just a theory, and I'm certainly happy to investigate further with you if you like. -skye

Level 9
Thanks for your input, Skye. I was hoping there was some obvious thing I'd missed, but apparently not. Hopefully this is something that gets solved in a future update. In the meantime, we'll try periodically exporting the comments list into Excel and then sort for unresolved comments. The hashtag idea is certainly worth some consideration as well, I'll play around a bit and see what results that yields. Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 10
@Trae Winterton -- this is the post I was talking about. -skye

Level 10
hi Anthony, I sent you a PM. I had a few minutes so I tried hashtags too. My recommendation to my team would be: Create a proof comment with a hastag and recommended actions. E.g. in the proof: #actionneeded on version 3, we need to figure out whether we should develop a logo that has a plaid background. Create a note report with a filter note text contains #actionneeded and with a view that shows which document and it came from (can it show document versions as well? I didn't test for this) Attach the note report to the project, so it only looks in the project for the hashtag When the action is concluded, you can delete the proof comment from the document update page. This is the only thing that would delete it from the report (deleting the proof comment doesn't work). -skye