Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Couple of Questions:

Level 5
Hi All, Just back from LEAP- so much info to digest- and I have a million questions to ask! We haven't launched yet, we expect to go live July 1st. I have a couple of questions for starters: - Can anyone share examples of their dynamic templates? -Can anyone share their launch plan and communications plan? -Can anyone share their training materials? Thanks! Karen
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Level 1
HI Karen- Attached is our Workfront promotional plan that we used for rollout last year. You should be able to pull some nuggets from this deck. Hope this helps! Good luck, Stacy Scarborough

Level 1

Hey @Stacy Scarborough‚ I am searching for launch communications inspiration - please could you send a copy of your Wf promo plan to me also. And if you could share any insights around lessons learnt that would be super useful, many thanks, Nicola

Level 5
Thanks Stacy, Super helpful! Curious- how many users do you have in your system? tks Karen

Level 1
We have 162 users. We have too many that are Admins (7) but we are working to scale that back now that we have been in the tool for over a year.

Level 4
Hi Karen! I've attached my starter guide for your reference. I definitely wasn't prepared initially to roll this out, but luckily I had a small team, so I've been updating this as questions arise. We had a small creative team of 13 when we implemented Workfront this past Nov, our Marketing Ops team decided to jump on board as well, and we have had about 60 Marketing & other stakeholders accessing Workfront until this past month when we had org changes. Best of luck!

Level 4
Also - Not sure what size team you have or what type of creative your team is working on, but I'd be happy to chat about how we have our templates set up and some lessons learned with how we've been using WF.

Level 5
Tara! Awesome- let's connect offline- I'd love to talk through templates, your configuration, workflow- etc. My team is about 15- we have some open positions. 3 designers, 1 creative director, 2 prodution managers (we're print heavy), 5 project managers, 1 multimedia producer (and coming soon will be another multimedia producer/coordinator, a production artist and another pm). Our content sits in another group- but they are like our sister department so they'll be rolled in- and there 5 writers, 1 copyeditor/proofreader. feel free to email me: karen_rutz@harvard.edu, or call 617-495-8183- we can set up a time to compare notes. We're launching july 1st! tks Karen

Level 2
Tara - curious of the process of when the designer uploads a file to the project folder or task folder? I would like to know more as we are close to launching and this seesm to be an issue. Any help would be great!

Level 4
Hi Robert - My preference is that the designers upload the artwork at the task level. This is esp good when you have a large project with many delieverables. If your projects are smaller in scope, then I don't think it matters as much. The artwork also rolls up to the main documents level -- so you have two ways of finding the artwork if you aren't tagged in the review. And tagging is definitely key. I do find that clients often forget to tag people when they send us updates and this can cause delays.

Level 2
Awesome thanks. The way we setup the work flow task I’m not sure if this is correct. what do you mean by tag? Do you use the proof HQ for the reviews? 1. Designer uploads the file to a task - marks complete 100% task 2. Creative services manager receives a work task, reviews the proofs, and submits to approvers via proof HQ, cycles through changes etc. what we see is the advanced editing feature not functional if designer uploads. I think our work flow is incorrect, any workflow steps or process chart would be nice of how creative teams are setup. Thank you for your help.

Level 4
We use the Workfront instance of proofHQ, I’m not sure how they differ… But I do understand what you’re asking now. We used to use the workflow approval process at the task level, but it was too clunky - my reviewers kept getting confused as to what / where they were supposed to click to approve. So, I can’t advise why that advanced editing feature is not working for you. My designers are responsible for getting sign off on their own work. They just tag everyone individually who needs to sign off on it. In our version, when you highlight the doc in the documents tab, there’s a “detail” tab to the right where you can send an “update” that’s where we can tag people and ask folks to approve the doc. Unfortunately, I don’t have a process chart for this. I hope someone else can chime in to help!

Level 2
This is great and helps so very much!! Thank You.