Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Count number of days in a status

Level 2
Hello! I am trying find or build a field that will count the number of days the task has been in a specific status. Right now I have a bar chart that counts the number of tasks in each status assigned to a team. When the manager selects "On hold" to see the details of the on hold tasks, I want a column to reference the number of days each task has been on hold. Katherine Chatham
1 Reply

Level 7
Hello Katherine, I'd love to see this implemented one day, I do believe there is a feature request in the Idea Exchange that you can go vote on. In the mean time, I have clients that have created multiple fields for this issue. The first field being a status drop down that users update either in conjunction with, or instead of the built in status box. Then the second field is a date field that they use to select the date they changed the status. Then the third field being a calculated field that would compare $$today-second field, like an IF statement IF((Status=CUR),($$TODAY,Second Field),IF((Status=Approved),($$TODAY,Second Field))) If you want to see how long it was in each status, it becomes far more complex and I would highly advise contacting your Account Executive to get a block of remote consulting hours so they can work with you to build the custom form as you need it. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront