Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Compliance question: Workflow/structure for storing and retrieving boilerplate (disclosures) language?

Level 10
hi there, my Compliance department is debating the merits of moving their disclosures language onto Workfront. As a financial services sort of company, we have different disclosures based on the product we are selling and the audience we are talking to (and sometimes the state that we sell in). We currently keep these in a book (Word doc) on sharepoint, and it makes sense for us to break out each disclosure and set it up in either a task or issue description, with a custom form containing metadata about when to use the disclosure, and a report that allows our PMs to search for the right disclosure language for the product. I'm prepared to build a proof of concept piece that addresses everything I talked about, however, the Compliance team did want me to run everything by you lovely folks, in order to find out if anyone already does this for their team (and if so, can we see how it works). If not, we also would appreciate any suggestions you might have to my rough draft above! Thanks for your input! PS: I will probably make it an issue so I can use a request queue format for them to input new language. -skye -skye
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Skye, I've designed out the idea of using Workfront for Compliance disclosures in the past, but it died in committee. We'd modeled it using template tasks with custom data, but the conventions and taxonomy required quickly sprawled into more than the client was willing to bite off. That said, I still think it could be done (how could I say otherwise given the amount of custom data I've conjured over the years?): but I would advise caution, and to start small and iterate often as you test out the feasibility. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Not exactly a compliance thing but we do boilerplate parts of our estimate to our users based on the product. I have all the boilerplate copy on the custom form so this would probably be similar to your sharepoint doc. The PM would then copy and paste the proper boilerplate onto a field into the custom form and submit. A dashboard report on the project properly formats the contents of the custom form and other information needed to produce an exportable pdf. Polly Co