Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Column Chart - Axis Help

Level 8
We are creating an Expected ROI report. On the report, we are adding a column chart where we want the Y-axis to be the pulled from a custom field with a dollar amount and the X-axis to be project name. However, we are not getting the option to make the Y-axis what we want. Our only options are: The X-axis options include the custom field: Is it possible to have the Expected ROI field on the Y-axis? Any suggestions on a better way to build the report to display this information? Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
just taking a stab in the dark... I'm not familiar with the expected ROI field. Is this a text field or a number field? -skye

Level 10
Hi Wendy, In addition to Skye's point that the ROI parameter needs to be numeric, in order to chart it, I believe you'll also need to include it in the report's view and choose an aggregator (eg average). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 8
Thank you for your responses. Skye, it is a custom field. The original field we tried was a text field, the one I listed was a checkbox. Following Doug's train of thought, I changed our original field from a text field to a currency field. This did not move it to the options for the Y-axis. I deleted the checkbox field and created a new number field, but this didn't work either. Both fields show up in the X-axis list, but we need/want the project name there and the ROI on the Y-axis. Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial

Level 8
My apologies, I reread Doug's comment and followed the suggestion to add it to the view and this worked. Yay!! This is exactly what we need. I appreciate your help.:) Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial

Level 10
Excellent. Thanks for confirming, Wendy -- I'm glad you got it going. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads