Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Closing Projects

Level 1
Another question or two! When you are completely done with a project, do you select "approved" for it no longer to report as overdue or late. I've notice if you change the status to just "complete" it seems like it still reports as it being unfinished. Does anyone know. Similar question, we use portfolios for events. So when the event is over and we want to close out the entire portfolio, how do we do so. All the projects are marked as approved, but portfolio is still listed as active. Do we just select delete portfolio? Will we still be able to duplicate it for the following year? Thanks! Laura Roberts Crawford & Company
4 Replies

Level 6

Hi @Laura Roberts There is a status field for portfolios on Portfolio Details >> Overview tab. You can move the portfolio from Active to Inactive there Catherine Hayes The Channel Company0690z000007ZiDfAAK.png

Level 10
Hi @Laura Roberts ! I'm curious about your first question. What about mean about it reporting like it is still being unfinished? Are you talking about how the Project Condition still says "In Trouble" even though the project is Complete? That is just to tell you that it finished late. I do have a team that likes to change the Condition Type to Manual and then to On Time in the Project settings before they hit Complete to avoid that. Personally, I like it to stay In Trouble so that I can easily report how many projects finished late. ;) I hope that is helpful Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 1

I'm attaching a few images. So if I run and Active Project Status report, it show we have 57 late projects. But the majority of those project are complete and marked as such so shouldn't they not be included in the the Active Project Status Report? Do you think this is a workfront glitch? Laura Roberts Crawford & Company0690z000007ZiDLAA0.png

Level 7
Hi Laura, I'd be curious to see what your filters are for your report, as it sounds like you're not filtering out projects with a status equating with Complete or Dead. Can you grab a screenshot and throw it on here? Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront