Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Changing Calculated Custom Data on Task Custom Form -- Field to Show Text Instead of Value

Level 7

Hi Everyone, it is has been a while since I have posted a question but have been trying to figure this one out with no success. I have a Project Custom Form that has a “Primary Market” field. It is a drop down list with options such as Academic, Corporate, etc. from which users can choose from. Now, behind the scenes of this field, we had assigned ‚Äòvalues’ to each of these options. For example, Academic = 10, Corporate = 9 and so on.

Now, we have created a Task Custom Form, where I want to pull in this information from the project level. On the Task Custom Form, I created a calculated data field using Project.Primary Market as the calculation, and the calculated data field for ‚ÄòFormat’ indicates ‚ÄòText’. It works BUT it is showing the ‚Äòvalue’ number and not the associated text. I want it to show “Academic” instead of “10” on the Task Custom Form. I am sure it is probably one little thing/code that is escaping me at the moment. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Terry,

If you were to instead just refer to the Project's Primary Market in a column on a Task view, I believe you could set "valueformat=val" on that column to see the "Academic" instead of "10", but if you're trying to do so in a custom data parameter (which, spoiler alert, might get out of sync) on the Task Level, you might need to resort to IF statements (e.g. IF(Project.Primary Market = "10","Academic",...).

There might be a cleverer way, noting that cleverer might not be a real word, despite it passing Spell Check.

Regards,

Doug