Expand my Community achievements bar.

Capturing Actual Hours for a Specific Period of Time

Level 3
Hi All- I have created a task report with the following columns: - Task Name - Assignments - Start On - Due On - Planned Hours - Actual Hours - Remaining Hours - Planned Revenue - Actual Revenue - Remaining Revenue and the following Groupings: - Assigned To: Name - Project Name What I am trying to do is add either a prompt or Edit to be able to capture hours entered during a specific period of time, for example, only time entered in 2019, or time entered 10/1/18 through today. I have gone through all the prompts and Edit options, and don't seem to be able to find anything that will work. If I can't do it with this report type, is there another report type that might work? From what I can tell, there is no one report that will pull everything together. Thanks, Chris Levitsky Guidemark Health
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 3
Hi Chris, If I'm understanding correctly, you COULD do it with either the Task report, or Hour report type, but I'll focus on the Task report for now. For the Task report, where I believe your running into the most trouble is with the prompts. They ability to filter on the hour entry date is not readily available. You'd need to filter the collections. See this article: https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Referencing-Collections-in-a-Report-779518987 What I'd do is create a custom prompt in the task report: ( https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Working-with-Prompts-1898074737 ) I called mine Hour Entry and added the options This Week, Last Month, Last Year, and This Year. Here's the text I used: This Week - hours:entryDate=$$TODAYbw&hours:entryDate_Mod=between&hours:entryDate_Range=$$TODAYew Last Month - hours:entryDate=$$TODAYb-1m&hours:entryDate_Mod=between&hours:entryDate_Range=$$TODAYe-1m Last Year - hours:entryDate=$$TODAYb-1y&hours:entryDate_Mod=between&hours:entryDate_Range=$$TODAYe-1y This Year - hours:entryDate=$$TODAYby&hours:entryDate_Mod=between&hours:entryDate_Range=$$TODAYey You won't be able to select a specific date in the prompts though. If you wanted a specific date, you'd want to add it into the text mode. For example, you mentioned " time entered 10/1/18 through today". The text mode would look like this: hours:entryDate=2018-10-01T00:00:00:000&hours:entryDate_Mod=between&hours:entryDate_Range=$$TODAY Does that help? Best regards, Dan Dan Perkins Moventus

Level 3
Dan- Thanks. this should help me with what I was trying to accomplish. I'll let you know if I run into any obstacles. Thanks Again, Chris Chris Levitsky Guidemark

Level 3
Hi Dan- I tried what you had suggested, however, it doesn't appear to be giving me the desired results. For instance, I used the prompt, and selected This Year , but when I ran the report, it included hours from last year. Similarly, when I used Last Month , it returned hours prior to last month. When I used the prompt This Week, the report returned included hours prior to this week. I did not yet try the text mode, as I was not exactly sure where to add it. So if text mode is used, whenever I want to try different date scenarios, I assume I would need to adjust the text? Thanks for your help. Chris Chris Levitsky Guidemark

Level 3
Hi Chris, Just to verify - did you create the custom prompt as shown in the .gif file below? Here's a link to the file as well: https://www.screencast.com/t/1k2wWs20syZm Dan Perkins Moventus

Level 3
Hi Dan- Yes I did...I took the same steps you did, and have the prompt with the 4 choices when I first try to run the report. Thanks, Chris Chris Levitsky Guidemark