Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Can Workfront send a notification if a parent task is complete?

Level 1
Hello there, In Workfront our team works in sections. If the top most parent is complete, can Workfront send a notification? For example, a project can have multiple pieces with a few different due dates. That project looks like this. - Due date 1 (parent) - - Project item 1 (child) - - - Copy (child2) - - - Proof (child2) - - - Design(child2) - - - Ext.(child2) - - Project item 2 (child) - - - Copy (child2) - - - Proof (child2) - - - Design(child2) - - - Ext.(child2) - Due date 2 (parent) - - Project item 1 (child) - - - Copy (child2) - - - Proof (child2) - - - Design(child2) - - - Ext.(child2) - - Project item 2 (child) - - - Copy (child2) - - - Proof (child2) - - - Design(child2) - - - Ext.(child2) It would be wonderful if we could set something up so when the Due date parent is complete we would get an email. Is that something that Workfront can do? Thanks for your help! Lindsey Greenlee Desert Financial
5 Replies

Level 7
Hello Lindsey, Yes... and no.. No, there is no built in email notification setting to email [resource] when parent task is marked complete. Since a parent task depends on the child task(s) to determine the status, duration, start, completion, etc.. it's all calculated automatically. However; you can configure custom notifications, you just need to enable them once they've been created. You can go to Setup -> Email -> Notifications -> Reminder Notifications, New Reminder Notification -> Task, and set up your own reminder. Here's what the screen looks like: https://share.getcloudapp.com/P8uY9dJo The next issue is then you have to open the parent task(s), go to "Settings" and then "Reminder Notification" and check the box. From there, the email will go out when the qualification occurs. (IE: if you set it up for 1h after actual completion date, it'll send out 1 hour after it's completed.) I hope this helps! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 2
Thank you for this! Are we only limited to the recipient options listed? I also have a need for these type of notifications but it is not the assignee or myself (PM) that wants to notifications. It is the original requester of the issue. All the current options would trigger people that isn't the requester. I have a calculated field titled "Requested By" that carries over requester info from the request/issue and keeps it on the custom form once converted to a project. I would love to be able to set that field to be the recipient of these reminder notifications. Is that possible? Aya Elsoukkary, Marketing Operations Floor & Decor

Level 7
Hello Aya, At this point in time, the limit is based on the 4 options available in the UI. I'm not aware of any plans to change that, but the product is ever evolving, and I would highly recommend submitting an idea via the Idea Exchange. I'm sure there are many wonderful folks here that would vote on it! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront