Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can we change the owner of a report?

Level 3
I've tried to find informaiton on this but have had no such luck. One of our key administrators left recently and we are having issues with the public access links he has provided on a few shared sites. I'm gathering it's because his account has been deactivated. In an effort to reduce copying the reports and resharing access etc. I was hoping to transfer ownership of the report to either myself or another active user. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Linden
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 5
Create a report on reports. Create a filter for public run as user equals the old administrator's name. You'll then need to open each report and update that with a new user. You may also want to check for the run as user equals the old administrator. Who created the report shouldn't be an issue. On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 5:31 PM Linden Rhoads < reportingforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > I've tried to find informaiton on this but have had no such luck. One of > our key administrators left recently and we are having issues with the > public access links he has provided on a few shared sites. I'm gathering > it's because his account has been deactivated. > > In an effort to reduce copying the reports and resharing access etc. I was > hoping to transfer ownership of the report to either myself or another > active user. Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks in advance, > > Linden > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 5
Doug does AtAppStore have or can create a quick utility to do this? On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 7:40 PM Melinda Layten wrote: > Create a report on reports. Create a filter for public run as user equals > the old administrator's name. You'll then need to open each report and > update that with a new user. > > You may also want to check for the run as user equals the old > administrator. > > Who created the report shouldn't be an issue. > > On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 5:31 PM Linden Rhoads < > reportingforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > >> I've tried to find informaiton on this but have had no such luck. One of >> our key administrators left recently and we are having issues with the >> public access links he has provided on a few shared sites. I'm gathering >> it's because his account has been deactivated. >> >> In an effort to reduce copying the reports and resharing access etc. I >> was hoping to transfer ownership of the report to either myself or another >> active user. Does anyone know how to do this? >> >> Thanks in advance, >> >> Linden >> >> -----End Original Message----- >> >

Level 10

Thanks for asking, Melinda.

Although we could use our Packages technology to copy out and reinsert the reports under another user on mass, I don't think that would help too much in this case.

We don't yet have a Transfer Ownership AtApp, as it would require some experimenting to see what's possible through the API.

That said, back in the day, if a user was DELETED, AtTask offered to automatically transfer the objects it owned to another User. It might be worth trying in this case, although I would strongly recommend practicing in Sandbox first, and carefully weighing the pros and cons.

Finally, on the Hey That's Cheatin' front, I'd consider reactivating the old SysAdmin account (and changing the password, of course) -- might be easiest.

Regards,

Doug0690z000007ZkTfAAK.png

Level 10
{{Linden}} I am not aware that there is any way to change the owner of a report. What I do is copy the report and delete the old report. That way, the report (well, the copy) is now in my name. Hope this helps! Thanks! Eric

Level 10
{{Melinda}} “need to open each report and update that with a new user” How do you do that? Would you kindly send a screen show of the screen where you change the owner of a report? Thanks, Eric

Level 5
It won't update the owner, but it's the public run as name and the run on name causing the problems On Thu, Aug 18, 2016, 7:18 AM Lucas, Eric < reportingforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > {{Melinda}} “need to open each report and update that with a new user” > > > > How do you do that? Would you kindly send a screen show of the screen > where you change the owner of a report? > > > > Thanks, > Eric > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 3
Hi Melinda, I don't know if Workfront lets you transfer report owner, it does give others "manage" access to reports. If "run as access rights of" is causing issue, you will have to open each report, click on edit, go on Report settings and then change "run as access rights" to someone else. When we ran into this issue, I had created a report for all the reports with a column "run as user id" and then clicked on each report and updated it.

Level 3
Thanks to Melinda, Eric, Doug, and Supriya for your responses - you're all superstarts! I've ran the report Melinda suggested and made the suggested edits to each report so they can run with access rights of another admin user. The copying of reports might be a great thing to do with all other reports going forward... I might just have to do that! Shout out to doug for also suggesting the cheaky work around :) I definitely considered that as a short term solution. I am surpized to read that there is no easy way to transfer ownership of reports, though, as it seems so easy to do with other items in the system. Does anyone know why it's a difficult feature to make available? Cheers, Lin