Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can't log time from a task?

Level 7
Good morning, Has anyone found that any of their users are unable to log time from the updates tab on a task? They can log work via the My work/home area and their timesheet but the log time button now seems to be missing from the task level. Any ideas?? Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited
30 Replies

Level 1
We're also experiencing this from the latest release. I'm hoping it's just a bug that needs to be fixed. Wendy Hains Thomson Reuters - Tax and Accounting

Level 7
Thanks for the comment Wendy. Are you also in cluster 2 or had your upgrade last night? Thanks, Vicky. Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 1
We are on cluster 2 and had our upgrade last night. Wendy Hains Thomson Reuters - Tax and Accounting

Level 2
Just talked to Customer Support - definitely a bug. They are aware and the Dev team is working on it ASAP. In the meantime, it looks like time *may* be logged via the task in the Beta version home page or via the timesheet. Hoping there is a fix soon! Alex Afriyie Questline, Inc.

Level 5
I'm glad they know it's a bug. Sysadmin users still see the Log Time function. We're in cluster 2 and had our upgrade last night. I feel like we're back in the bad old days when every release caused a significant issue. Alana Coble WebMD

Level 6
We're having the same issue here. Also, the font for the updates doesn't appear to be the typical Workfront font for us. Is anyone else having this issue? Jared Mauch Crown Equipment Corporation

Level 7
We are also having the same font issue but this appears to be only for certain users, and when I log in as the users that are experiencing this issue I get the normal font which is weird as I am always able to replicate their issues. Workfront are currently looking into it but also saying they can't replicate so I can imagine this taking slightly longer to fix. Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 1
I don't really like the "*may*" word in that update... but thank you for sharing what you learned from support. We are also on Cluster 2 and got the update last night. I can see there is a "Log Time" button for Tasks and Issues on my Home (Beta) tab, but not when you click on the Task or Issue itself. This is a HUGE issue and I'm glad they're putting a priority and resources on this. -Jeff Jeff Latimer Associate Director of IT Florida State University College of Medicine jeff.latimer@med.fsu.edu

Level 1
Whew, glad that's not a design change. I had a full-on panic this morning from the team. They were not happy about having that button removed! Hopefully they'll get it fixed quickly. Sarah Koenig Humana-The Hive

Level 1
Yes, we've noticed the same font weirdness on the PC computers in our office this morning. The Mac users seem fine- the font is updated, but it's not that ugly/back-end looking one that comes up on the PCs. Sarah Koenig Humana-The Hive

Level 10
I trust Workftont will restore the time tracking functionality as soon as possible, but as a workaround, this might be a good opportunity to consider our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/stopwatch/">Stopwatch solution. Under the circumstances, I'd be also be happy to reset your 30 Day trial, if your organization has already used it. We're currently working on an Enterprise Stopwatch upgrade for customers who use SSO, but unfortunately I can't offer that one at the moment. Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 8
We are having the same problem and opened a ticket. A workaround for now is to check the Allow administrative access for... Timesheets & hours on the access level.

Former Community Member
Same issue--Log Time button is missing from tasks and Requests update tab. I dug into all the settings in our Layout Templates, thinking maybe something got "unchecked" or whatever. Tried several changes there to no avail. I also scoured all the update new/help areas I could find. Glad this is reported! William Dodson MaineHealth

Level 6
All, I just noticed that the font issue persists for us in the task view on the new Home screen. I thought that it was only in the update tab in a task while in a project from the Projects tab. I'll keep refreshing the update tab every now and again to see if it improves, but please keep us updated! Jared Mauch Crown Equipment Corporation

Level 7
Hi @Adina Pierce What does ticking that box allow users to do? We have managers that log time directly on tasks once they have approved and are a bit stuck on what to do now.... Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 8
Well, for today it allows them to log time on the task, and before I checked the box they couldn't this morning. Here is what it says about that option: This allows people to view ALL hours and timesheets in the system. Without this option, people will only be able to view hours on: Projects, tasks or issues they manage Their own timesheet A timesheet of someone that reports to them A timesheet they approve.

Level 10
For the time being I have told my users to go to their timesheet and enter the hours there. I am hesitant to trigger the nuclear option of giving admin rights because we use timesheet approvals. We do not want anyone going back and adjusting timesheets. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 3
I've told my team to use their My Work area. We have not shifted to the Home view yet, and the log time option still shows on the task in the Working On tab. They can log time there. For tasks that are done but need additional hours logged (it happens ...), they can find it in the calendar in the My Work area or open the task in the project view, select the Hours tab, double click on the logged hours and add the additional time. Not very pretty, but easier than training people on time sheets, which we don't use now. Michelle Yard Manager, Marketing Operations Insperity Houston, Texas

Level 5
Just thought i would add my voice to the chain hoping Workfront is reviewing. We are experiencing the same issues: unable to log time on tasks and the font issue. We are also on Cluster 2 and upgraded overnight. Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 10
We're on cluster 1 which is in the process of being updated now. Will advise shortly if we find the issue also... David Cornwell